Channel Banner

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I have removed my Halloween banner and have swapped it with the new Thanksgiving / Autumn banner, I appreciate that changing the banner often is not necessary, however I want my channel to be fun and in the moment, reflecting the current event or season.

Coming Soon

Christmas Banner.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Reactions: veronica33067

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I really think that your channel banner is more than enough. I like how you keep changing it from season to season. I do that too, but it happens everytime when I start playing a new game

Reactions: Heizenblog

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have removed my Halloween banner and have swapped it with the new Thanksgiving / Autumn banner, I appreciate that changing the banner often is not necessary, however I want my channel to be fun and in the moment, reflecting the current event or season.

Coming Soon

Christmas Banner.

Love it! :up2:

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Although I'm not a fan of the colour Yellow I really like the design of your banner. Easy to see, easy to read, we know what your about and the colours and art style pop out. Good work dude 8/10 from me.

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Although I'm not a fan of the colour Yellow I really like the design of your banner. Easy to see, easy to read, we know what your about and the colours and art style pop out. Good work dude 8/10 from me.
Really appreciate the feedback, I wanted to make it all stand out, but also try to create a recognizable brand over time.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Soo, the things I'm going to mention are just my personal preference, but I thought it might help you.

Firstly, the yellow is a bit strong indeed. You could use a gradient or a slightly less saturated yellow that is easier on the eyes. Otherwise people won't take the time to read the text, because the look away (I kinda had to strain myself to look at it for a longer time).

Secondly, the text. It's not centered, which annoys me a lot xD But I do think it will look better if you center it above the gaming controlers. I would center the subtitle 'gaming channel' as well. I would put the internet url in a different text box, it's very clear you just typed it in one. It would be more visually pleasing if you moved it away from the main title.

Lastly, the 'items' on your banner (social link icons, the leaves) look quite scattered and disjointed. You might want to give a bit more thought on where to place them.

Aaaand because I'm a horribly meddlesome person, here's an execution of how I would do it xD While staying within your concept, ofcourse.

PLEASE don't use this! It's bad quality. You're free to use it as an example though. What I did was center the text, bring down the social media icons and added the url to that corner. This puts all you linking info to one place. I also rearranged and added som of the leaves, to make them a bit more cohesive. I also braught down the saturation of the yellow, just a bit (like, -7). Hope this is helpful :)

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Soo, the things I'm going to mention are just my personal preference, but I thought it might help you.

Firstly, the yellow is a bit strong indeed. You could use a gradient or a slightly less saturated yellow that is easier on the eyes. Otherwise people won't take the time to read the text, because the look away (I kinda had to strain myself to look at it for a longer time).

Secondly, the text. It's not centered, which annoys me a lot xD But I do think it will look better if you center it above the gaming controlers. I would center the subtitle 'gaming channel' as well. I would put the internet url in a different text box, it's very clear you just typed it in one. It would be more visually pleasing if you moved it away from the main title.

Lastly, the 'items' on your banner (social link icons, the leaves) look quite scattered and disjointed. You might want to give a bit more thought on where to place them.

Aaaand because I'm a horribly meddlesome person, here's an execution of how I would do it xD While staying within your concept, ofcourse.

PLEASE don't use this! It's bad quality. You're free to use it as an example though. What I did was center the text, bring down the social media icons and added the url to that corner. This puts all you linking info to one place. I also rearranged and added som of the leaves, to make them a bit more cohesive. I also braught down the saturation of the yellow, just a bit (like, -7). Hope this is helpful :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to go to the effort you have. The main reason my website address is where it is is due to how the banner looks on mobile devices it cuts off part of the text. I note your point though about the sharpness of the yellow and will look to address that issue, its not something I had even considered. With regards to the icon placement I was going for a scattered look as I didn't want a regimented look, more of a natural feel, but I will certainly take your comments on board.

Once again thank you so much for the feedback, without it we couldn't as a community move our channels forward, most appreciated.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
without it we couldn't as a community move our channels forward, most appreciated.
Very well said! And since it is just feedback, you can do with it what you want. So if you feel like you don't have to change it, that is also fine. As I said, I was just giving my personal opinion on how I would do it :)

PandaCobain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The yellow is definitely strong. It'll grab attention but I'm not sure for how long. I definitely like that you include the kind of videos you make.
Honestly, I may steal the thing where you have the uh... Can't remember what they're called. All I keep thinking is bitmoji and I don't know if that's right or not. Lol. But I like it overall except the harsh yellow, which is a rather easy fix imo.

GreyHound

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator

Coming Soon

Christmas Banner.

I would tone the brightness down a little bit, it hurt my eyes when I clicked on it. XDDDD