Channel Art or Thumbnails?

Inferno Music

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey guys,
So basically I was wondering whether it is more important to have good channel art or thumbnails? I know the answer will be thumbnails but my issue is I can't keep paying someone (on this site) YTT cash per thumbnail cause I don't post on this site enough to have that kind of YTT cash to spare. I also want a great channel art and this will be a one time expense but the thumbnails are what bring people in, not the channel art. If you guys could help me with this issue and offer a path to choose to resolve it that would be great. Also I recommend you look at my channel to see my current channel art and thumbnails so it's easier to reach a decision and solution.

Thanks
Leon/300 Gaming

Reactions: Selim Keles

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
The only way is to just practice making thumbnails.
Ye may suck, but ye will prosper in the end ;)

Seriously, though. The more you practice, the better you will get at making good thumbnails.
If you can't afford/don't have Photoshop, there's some freebies out there that work good. (I can't quite remember what they are called, but I'm sure someone else will know.)

Inferno Music

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The only way is to just practice making thumbnails.
Ye may suck, but ye will prosper in the end ;)

Seriously, though. The more you practice, the better you will get at making good thumbnails.
If you can't afford/don't have Photoshop, there's some freebies out there that work good. (I can't quite remember what they are called, but I'm sure someone else will know.)
Are the thumbnails I've got at the moment any decent? Like I use Photoshop and they get the point of the video across, don't really want to expand in the hardcore custom thumbnails that say for example Pewdiepie and Ali-A do.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Are the thumbnails I've got at the moment any decent? Like I use Photoshop and they get the point of the video across, don't really want to expand in the hardcore custom thumbnails that say for example Pewdiepie and Ali-A do.
Your Hearthstone thumbnails is okay, but it is a bit hard to notice the numbers at first glance. Try to make the numbers stand out a bit more if you want to include them in your thumbnail.
The "WoW Leveling Series" thumbnails looks cluttered. There's too much going on, and nothing really stands out.

Inferno Music

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Your Hearthstone thumbnails is okay, but it is a bit hard to notice the numbers at first glance. Try to make the numbers stand out a bit more if you want to include them in your thumbnail.
The "WoW Leveling Series" thumbnails looks cluttered. There's too much going on, and nothing really stands out.
Thanks for the feedback. Completely understand what you mean about the numbers in the Hearthstone ones.
In my opinion, I like the wow one. I can notice the game and the 2 people playing the game.

Maybe I do need a thumbnail guy after all :/

Reactions: Selim Keles

Sjors

The Juggling Youtuber!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that they are of equal value, having good thumbnails draws people to you, having nice channel art makes them stay ;)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks for the feedback. Completely understand what you mean about the numbers in the Hearthstone ones.
In my opinion, I like the wow one. I can notice the game and the 2 people playing the game.

Maybe I do need a thumbnail guy after all :/
I can see what you mean.
But to me, the first thing I see is 8 different images mashed together in one thumbnail.
There's five different pictures (or it looks like five different pictures) in the background, plus both of your channels avatar in the middle of it, and the WoW logo infront of it all.

It would look more appealing in my opinion if you had used a screenshot from your footage as a background, featured one character, as well as cutting out the avatars from it unless it fits good with the thumbnail. Thumbnails get very tiny on YouTube, so it's a bit hard to notice everything on a thumbnail if it is too much on it.

This is an example of what it could look like.
It's a pretty simple thumbnail. Not too much going on, and it looks appealing while also getting it's message across.

Your thumbnail would look better if you removed the avatars from it, since they kind of break the "pace" of the thumbnail.
It is also a very general thumbnail. It doesn't tell you about the video, other than that it's a World of Warcraft video.
Also it looked a bit better when I pasted it in YTTalk. It looks smaller on your video page.

Reactions: Inferno Music

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Its alright, if you dont wanna pay cash to someone for thumbnails, its fine!
I can make thumbnails for you (FREE!!), all you have to do just be my FRIEND :D
Or if u want just give me SUB! Fair enough?? :D

PEACE

Inferno Music

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I can see what you mean.
But to me, the first thing I see is 8 different images mashed together in one thumbnail.
There's five different pictures (or it looks like five different pictures) in the background, plus both of your channels avatar in the middle of it, and the WoW logo infront of it all.

It would look more appealing in my opinion if you had used a screenshot from your footage as a background, featured one character, as well as cutting out the avatars from it unless it fits good with the thumbnail. Thumbnails get very tiny on YouTube, so it's a bit hard to notice everything on a thumbnail if it is too much on it.

This is an example of what it could look like.
It's a pretty simple thumbnail. Not too much going on, and it looks appealing while also getting it's message across.

Your thumbnail would look better if you removed the avatars from it, since they kind of break the "pace" of the thumbnail.
It is also a very general thumbnail. It doesn't tell you about the video, other than that it's a World of Warcraft video.
Also it looked a bit better when I pasted it in YTTalk. It looks smaller on your video page.

I 100% see what you mean now. That one looks much better. I can see what you mean about the cluttering.
Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

(On a different topic, 1-90 in an hour without cheats/buying a power lvling seems a bit........how you say........ambitious)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
I 100% see what you mean now. That one looks much better. I can see what you mean about the cluttering.
Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

(On a different topic, 1-90 in an hour without cheats/buying a power lvling seems a bit........how you say........ambitious)
I think he used 55 hours, since in the description it says speed up x55.