[Channel art] Compressing your YouTube one channel art!

Is the quality nice?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaOrgest

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you want your channel art to be filled up, but the size is too big and you have to cut part of it?
Well hers a solution, a compressor!
This compressor puts down the size A LOT but still keeps the quality!
I found this website!

-or-

PNGGOO (GUI): http://pngquant.org/PNGoo.0.1.1.zip

Comparision:

Image uncompressed: (3.99MB)

Image compressed: ( 708KB )

Reactions: unknown_user00005

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This is actually quite awesome, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but if it really does cut .png's down by 75%? hats off to you sir.. thanks for sharing

EDIT: I had a look and the website only converts png-24 to png-8 ... Most programs can do this, including photoshop. :)
This could be useful for many though..

Reactions: DaOrgest

DaOrgest

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is actually quite awesome, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but if it really does cut .png's down by 75%? hats off to you sir.. thanks for sharing

EDIT: I had a look and the website only converts png-24 to png-8 ... Most programs can do this, including photoshop. :)
This could be useful for many though..
Glad your liking it :D

John Williams

Reaction score
Compressing pretty much means a loss of quality but thanks for the gesture :)

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Compressing pretty much means a loss of quality but thanks for the gesture :)
Oddly enough because it's not compressing it's converting to png-8.. so it's actually less available colors, and a non-optimized transparency "algorithm?" .. Most people won't see a difference in quality unless you are using crazy gradients/light effects :) or overlapping transparency layers..

Nevertheless YouTube still makes my channel bg 2x as bright as normal.. VERY frustrating.

John Williams

Reaction score
Oddly enough because it's not compressing it's converting to png-8.. so it's actually less available colors, and a non-optimized transparency "algorithm?" .. Most people won't see a difference in quality unless you are using crazy gradients/light effects :) or overlapping transparency layers..

Nevertheless YouTube still makes my channel bg 2x as bright as normal.. VERY frustrating.
It converts the image to only use web-based colours and vectors, with many colours this can cause a significant change.

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It converts the image to only use web-based colours and vectors, with many colours this can cause a significant change.
Right, my point exactly.. Unless you are using crazy gradients you won't see a difference.. Well, you got me thinking now.. I guess you wouldn't want any "real life" image altered even in the slightest, so yeah.. I totally see your point, I was thinking simple GFX only as I never deal with "real life" images.. Thanks for the insight

Status
Not open for further replies.