Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Changing your profile photo for YouTube

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by MasterDF, Jan 12, 2017.

1. MasterDF
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $154
    I recently just changed my picture for youtube, and im wondering if this was a good idea? Its not like ive gotten comments about it or anything but im thinking more about recognition. When you see a picture youre familiar with you know exactly who it is, but when you change it, it becomes foreign. Does anyone have any qualms with changing their picture, or are you always changing it like your personal social medias?

HalieCakes likes this.
  2. adams eats
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $11
    I would say that your profile picture should be strong and consistent. Meaning that if you comment on another channel, or tweet or facebook post something, people would instantly know it's you without having to look at your channel name. Strong branding is important and should reflect what your channel is about or is a reflection of your personality, or both. And of course be consistent and use on all media accounts. ☺

3. S_Mielz
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $1
    I had the same thought when I changed mine. My previous profile picture I had for about a year and a half.
    I haven't seen any drop in activity since I changed it.
    I think as long as you're not changing it often, you should be okay!

MasterDF likes this.
  4. HalieCakes
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $3
    As a person who is new to Youtube I change my picture probably way to much lol. I know a lot of Youtubers usually find someone to commission a portrait of them for their social media! You can always look into that!

MasterDF likes this.
  5. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $6,288
    Moved to the branding / design forum. :)

MasterDF likes this.
  6. MasterDF
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $154
    Thank you!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 13, 2017 ---
    Definitely agree!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2017 ---
    Ive wanted to do that but i feel i should get a little bigger lol :]

Crown likes this.
  7. Stearmans Toy Review
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $78
    Agreed! I have changed mine once after I branded everything. Make sure you change it to be the same on social media if your on those platforms as well :)

8. ChrisLegend
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $7
    As long as you don't change it too frequently like once a month then you should be good! But as others said consistency is key to build up a more readily recognisable brand!