Changing your profile photo for YouTube

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I recently just changed my picture for youtube, and im wondering if this was a good idea? Its not like ive gotten comments about it or anything but im thinking more about recognition. When you see a picture youre familiar with you know exactly who it is, but when you change it, it becomes foreign. Does anyone have any qualms with changing their picture, or are you always changing it like your personal social medias?

Reactions: HalieCakes

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would say that your profile picture should be strong and consistent. Meaning that if you comment on another channel, or tweet or facebook post something, people would instantly know it's you without having to look at your channel name. Strong branding is important and should reflect what your channel is about or is a reflection of your personality, or both. And of course be consistent and use on all media accounts. ☺

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had the same thought when I changed mine. My previous profile picture I had for about a year and a half.
I haven't seen any drop in activity since I changed it.
I think as long as you're not changing it often, you should be okay!

Reactions: MasterDF

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recently just changed my picture for youtube, and im wondering if this was a good idea? Its not like ive gotten comments about it or anything but im thinking more about recognition. When you see a picture youre familiar with you know exactly who it is, but when you change it, it becomes foreign. Does anyone have any qualms with changing their picture, or are you always changing it like your personal social medias?
As a person who is new to Youtube I change my picture probably way to much lol. I know a lot of Youtubers usually find someone to commission a portrait of them for their social media! You can always look into that!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the branding / design forum. :)

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Moved to the branding / design forum. :)
Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1484277778,1484277745][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had the same thought when I changed mine. My previous profile picture I had for about a year and a half.
I haven't seen any drop in activity since I changed it.
I think as long as you're not changing it often, you should be okay!
Definitely agree![DOUBLEPOST=1484277806][/DOUBLEPOST]
As a person who is new to Youtube I change my picture probably way to much lol. I know a lot of Youtubers usually find someone to commission a portrait of them for their social media! You can always look into that!
Ive wanted to do that but i feel i should get a little bigger lol :]

Reactions: Crown
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say that your profile picture should be strong and consistent. Meaning that if you comment on another channel, or tweet or facebook post something, people would instantly know it's you without having to look at your channel name. Strong branding is important and should reflect what your channel is about or is a reflection of your personality, or both. And of course be consistent and use on all media accounts. ☺
Agreed! I have changed mine once after I branded everything. Make sure you change it to be the same on social media if your on those platforms as well :)

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As long as you don't change it too frequently like once a month then you should be good! But as others said consistency is key to build up a more readily recognisable brand!