Changing your niche thoughts and tips?

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Recently I've totally changed the direction of my channel. The channel has been all over the place for a very long time. I posted music, gameplay, vlogs, reviews, reactions, theories... just everything. I wanted it to be a variety channel I suppose. However, every single thing I look at for advice talks about the importance of having a niche and my channel wasn't really growing.

Something else I love but only recently got back into was art. I had this moment of realization that I could use art to tie everything together.

If I wanted to talk about a show, movie or game that I like I could show a speedpaint of that content while I talk. Doing a Disney song cover? Draw a character from that movie. Things like that. (This is also very friendly for multiple platforms since I'm making a video with a drawing that I can post to instagram, twitter, and tumblr.)

I considered creating a new channel all together, but I have over 1000 subs (although inactive, they mostly came from a video that for whatever reason blew up on my channel years ago) and I thought that it may help me to not just start over. At first I lost more subs than I was gaining, then it evened out, and now I'm starting to see a slow gain.

Have you ever changed your channel niche? Do you have any tips or thoughts on doing so? I did change my channel name to "CassarillaDraws" to make it apparent what my main focus is.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
A thousand subs is a big number of subs but if I were you I will still continue with that 1000 subs channel. What will probably happen is people who love your art will stay and those who don't will leave but if your stuff is good at for the reason that the channel is nichee you can grow even faster to double the amount leaving.

Reactions: Cassarilla

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
A thousand subs is a big number of subs but if I were you I will still continue with that 1000 subs channel. What will probably happen is people who love your art will stay and those who don't will leave but if your stuff is good at for the reason that the channel is nichee you can grow even faster to double the amount leaving.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to stick with this channel, keep uploading, and just see what happens. :)