Changing your channel name advice?????

missmonmonxo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone, When I first created a youtube channel it was because my 11 year old daughter practically begged me to make her one and she posted a few videos but after a few months she decided she didnt want to do it anymore so now I make videos about our family and try to make at least 3-4 videos per week. She named the channel "my mega amazing life" because she used to do cheerleading at a place called Mega Cheer and her friend there had a channel called "kobi dooley's amazing life" so it was kind of copying i guess. Anyway... now that its not really her channel and more of a family vlog channel I want to change the name.

Heres a little bit about us - We are a blended family with 4 kids 2 of them are aged 8 and do cheerleading and the other 2 are aged 11, one is into art and the other NRL. We live in Australia and want to vlog our lives kinda like a bratayley meets flippin katie meets our family nest meets sam and nia etc.

we need help with a name that incompasses who we are (however you spell that word lol)
I have already gone ahead and changed the name to OutNumbered Family but I'm not sure if it is good or not?

Should we change the name? is it easier or more searched if it has the word family or kids in it? will it mess up anything if I change my channel name?

any advice regarding changing a channel name would be great!

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, When I first created a youtube channel it was because my 11 year old daughter practically begged me to make her one and she posted a few videos but after a few months she decided she didnt want to do it anymore so now I make videos about our family and try to make at least 3-4 videos per week. She named the channel "my mega amazing life" because she used to do cheerleading at a place called Mega Cheer and her friend there had a channel called "kobi dooley's amazing life" so it was kind of copying i guess. Anyway... now that its not really her channel and more of a family vlog channel I want to change the name.

Heres a little bit about us - We are a blended family with 4 kids 2 of them are aged 8 and do cheerleading and the other 2 are aged 11, one is into art and the other NRL. We live in Australia and want to vlog our lives kinda like a bratayley meets flippin katie meets our family nest meets sam and nia etc.

we need help with a name that incompasses who we are (however you spell that word lol)
I have already gone ahead and changed the name to OutNumbered Family but I'm not sure if it is good or not?

Should we change the name? is it easier or more searched if it has the word family or kids in it? will it mess up anything if I change my channel name?

any advice regarding changing a channel name would be great!
I think the name ''OutNumbered Family'' sounds good :) keep it!

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
A good place to start is a name that isn't likely to be taken when you're looking at buying a website domain.

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Search any potential names you have in mind on YouTube and decide which ones work best for you and that you can brand easily to make you stand out and also be easy to find if someone was to look you up, hope that helps!