Changing Topics - Should I Persist?

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
So, a few months ago I started toying with the idea of starting a YouTube channel and posted some pretty random videos. Of those, a couple - about shoes - took off a bit and gained me 100 subscribers.

I've continued experimenting with different topics; so far nothing has stuck. I hate my early videos and deleted most of them (and would delete all of them if they weren't still performing).

I've realized most of my ideas and interests revolve around film and entertainment, and I'm drawn to that as a general topic (in the future, I'd like to do more cult/indie film content). But so far, my videos on that theme get no views.

I recently posted a couple videos about movie posters and I'd appreciate any feedback.

Based on those, do I/should I have a future in film content? Should I persist in the competitive entertainment genre (a personal passion), or should I just stick to shoes and maybe try to migrate more slowly into other topics? And should I continue to delete other videos? I don't want to scare off potential subscribers with my indecision, but I feel like I'm still a long way from figuring out my place on the platform.

Any feedback/advice appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4fl-3lVJYkhp-wt_lPQMA/videos

Matthew_Greg

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that you can have more themes/topics in your videos... If those three videos are those old ones you're mentioning,i think you that should keep them.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Thanks Greg. Yes, there's 3 older videos about converse/doc martens, and you should see two newer ones about movie posters, too.