Changing my M.O. from Vlogging to Gaming. Tips?

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
First and foremost, my apologies if this is the wrong forums for this.

I am changing my game plan from vlogging to gaming and plan to buy a PS4 and get Destiny again so I can get back into my og hobby. Other games will come as time passes, but Destiny is forever and always for me when getting a PS4.

So on to the topic. Does anyone have any ideas/tips for a beginner YouTube gamer? I've gamed before, but never put it on YouTube. Anything I should do prior to starting? Should I as well make a Twitch account and stream there and have my streams save to YouTube? :help::help::help:

Thank you for your time and inputs ;) :thumbsup2: :)

And once again, my apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum to put this in :angel:

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well, you will be going from one diluted genre to another diluted genre. The only advice I can give is try to make it unique and fun for the audience. Good luck! :up2:

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, you will be going from one diluted genre to another diluted genre. The only advice I can give is try to make it unique and fun for the audience. Good luck! :up2:
Haha I understand that. Couldn't really get started with vlogging because I do not get out a lot to really make videos and if I do get out it is the same places over and over again because where I go to is for gamers so why not play games since it seems I can't get away from that. Gaming has always been in my life so while having fun I might as well bring laughter and smiles from me being an idiot while gaming :joyfulphones: :tongue: :happy:

Thank you for your insight. Good luck with your endeavors as well :)

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Vlogging is pretty difficult to get started. It helps if you're famous or well known within a niche community. Or, sometimes just having a really good strong opinion on something that is of a current hot social topic.

For gaming, you have to change your target audience to be successful. You would have to pander to young adults and/or children. Marketing will be difficult as most subreddits, facebook communities, etc. will say things like, "post your let's plays here". But in reality those social communities are so flooded with content that your videos will be lucky to get just 1 view. So you will have to build your own from the ground up.

Just keep at it, make sure your SEO, thumbnails, audio/video, branding and energy is at 100% in all of your videos and you will grow. Very, very, very slowly, but it will grow.

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Vlogging is pretty difficult to get started. It helps if you're famous or well known within a niche community. Or, sometimes just having a really good strong opinion on something that is of a current hot social topic.

For gaming, you have to change your target audience to be successful. You would have to pander to young adults and/or children. Marketing will be difficult as most subreddits, facebook communities, etc. will say things like, "post your let's plays here". But in reality those social communities are so flooded with content that your videos will be lucky to get just 1 view. So you will have to build your own from the ground up.

Just keep at it, make sure your SEO, thumbnails, audio/video, branding and energy is at 100% in all of your videos and you will grow. Very, very, very slowly, but it will grow.
Thnx for those tips and definitely don't mind the children part until I start hearing the loud squealing or squeaky voices that are just annoying lol that is why I try to surround myself with groups in game who understand the game and are adults, but still are a kid at heart. People who know when to be serious when needed and know when to take a joke are fun to be around. Gaming is all about having fun :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)