Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Maybe, If you add more cats

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Beanbag

I Love YTtalk
I don't want to spam the forums or anything, and I'm sorry if you guys have seen me talk about this before, but I just want to let you guys know. Seeing that most of my active fans are on YTtalk, I figured it would be best to tell the Spudlings on here.

If you don't know, a few of my videos started getting shared on Facebook the other night by a few big pages and such, and every single post had something about me swearing to much, but at the same time they enjoy watching it. I don't want to be known as the guy who swears all the time, I want to be better then those types of people.

I feel I can get my message across better without swearing every 20 seconds, so I am changing the direction of the channel, this might cause you to un-subscribe, but I don't want you to be subbed and not enjoy the content, otherwise what is the point really :D I am really starting to lean towards videos that are still entertaining, but don't have to be a super immature topic. What gisikw does is the type of videos I would like to make.

(gisikw if you're reading, I'm not copying you in any way, shape or form, i swear)

I will still do the occasional rant, but I will do my best to cut down on the swearing.

So, If you are a Spudling and support the change, I look forward to seeing you in future videos.
If you are against it, and wish to un-subscribe, it was good having you on the Spudling Army, and you will be honourably discharged, with the highest medal of honor. The "Spudling Regiment" medallion will be posted to you shortly.

I don't want to spam the forums or anything, and I'm sorry if you guys have seen me talk about this before, but I just want to let you guys know. Seeing that most of my active fans are on YTtalk, I figured it would be best to tell the Spudlings on here.

If you don't know, a few of my videos started getting shared on Facebook the other night by a few big pages and such, and every single post had something about me swearing to much, but at the same time they enjoy watching it. I don't want to be known as the guy who swears all the time, I want to be better then those types of people.

I feel I can get my message across better without swearing every 20 seconds, so I am changing the direction of the channel, this might cause you to un-subscribe, but I don't want you to be subbed and not enjoy the content, otherwise what is the point really :D I am really starting to lean towards videos that are still entertaining, but don't have to be a super immature topic. What gisikw does is the type of videos I would like to make.

(gisikw if you're reading, I'm not copying you in any way, shape or form, i swear)

I will still do the occasional rant, but I will do my best to cut down on the swearing.

So, If you are a Spudling and support the change, I look forward to seeing you in future videos.
If you are against it, and wish to un-subscribe, it was good having you on the Spudling Army, and you will be honourably discharged, with the highest medal of honor. The "Spudling Regiment" medallion will be posted to you shortly.
Some people are going to tell you you shouldn't change. But honestly I'm so proud of you for this. I've noticed how... intuitive you are, I've also noticed how much you analyze your situation and honestly try to better yourself. The thing is, what are views if you're not proud of what the people are viewing? So some fans may like the swearing but still point it out, if that's not the kind of attention you want then it's not valid. It's more important to look back at what you've done and say "yeah, this is who I want to be on youtube" than be like "Man I'm kind of embarrassed of these videos... but it's what people wanna see so oh well..."

You have kind of, taken on the role of my apprentice. In all honesty I'm just learning every day like you are, but if you were my apprentice, you'd be receiving a new rank today :)

Some people are going to tell you you shouldn't change. But honestly I'm so proud of you for this. I've noticed how... intuitive you are, I've also noticed how much you analyze your situation and honestly try to better yourself. The thing is, what are views if you're not proud of what the people are viewing? So some fans may like the swearing but still point it out, if that's not the kind of attention you want then it's not valid. It's more important to look back at what you've done and say "yeah, this is who I want to be on youtube" than be like "Man I'm kind of embarrassed of these videos... but it's what people wanna see so oh well..."

You have kind of, taken on the role of my apprentice. In all honesty I'm just learning every day like you are, but if you were my apprentice, you'd be receiving a new rank today :)
Thank you Symph! That actually made me smile like a douche. But, I do look back at the videos I have made and I am embarrassed completely. It's exactly what I didn't want to be, but people were enjoying so I kept making it. I don't have any intentions of being the guy everyone likes just for the cuss words he uses, I want to be the guy who a new YouTuber looks up to, and aspires to be like. The day someone tells me I am there inspiration, will be the day that I am the happiest Tuber on the planet.

I am so glad that out of all people, you support me in doing this. <3 I love you Symph, and KGATV, I love you to. <3

Here's what I'll say...

Make the videos that are true to yourself (I hit "no" out of fear that you're moving away from this). If you change what you do to try and "appeal" to an audience, you're going to end up with an audience that demands a fake version of you; and that gets ridiculously draining. I just a few days ago decided to shut down my book reviews channel for this very reason - other people really liked what I was doing...but I didn't. It didn't jive with what I wanted to be doing.

I'm flattered that you like my stuff, I really am. But I also wouldn't wish my style on anybody. What makes YouTube unique is that it's personality-driven, not content-driven, not production-value-driven. If people on Facebook don't like your language - honestly, they don't like you. That's fine! They're not your audience. It takes a ridiculously long time to FIND your audience. You've just got to be patient and consistent with the content you produce.

That said, if you've been trying to swear and be rant-y, then by all means, make a change. You're going to feel the most comfortable when you're being as close to your natural self on camera as you can be.

So when it comes to deciding where your channel goes - don't listen to Facebook; don't listen to anyone who replies to this thread; don't listen to me.

Do what makes you happy, and the audience will come.

Here's what I'll say...

Make the videos that are true to yourself (I hit "no" out of fear that you're moving away from this). If you change what you do to try and "appeal" to an audience, you're going to end up with an audience that demands a fake version of you; and that gets ridiculously draining. I just a few days ago decided to shut down my book reviews channel for this very reason - other people really liked what I was doing...but I didn't. It didn't jive with what I wanted to be doing.

I'm flattered that you like my stuff, I really am. But I also wouldn't wish my style on anybody. What makes YouTube unique is that it's personality-driven, not content-driven, not production-value-driven. If people on Facebook don't like your language - honestly, they don't like you. That's fine! They're not your audience. It takes a ridiculously long time to FIND your audience. You've just got to be patient and consistent with the content you produce.

That said, if you've been trying to swear and be rant-y, then by all means, make a change. You're going to feel the most comfortable when you're being as close to your natural self on camera as you can be.

So when it comes to deciding where your channel goes - don't listen to Facebook; don't listen to anyone who replies to this thread; don't listen to me.

The more I observe pawtaytoe the more I'm convinced this is his conscience, not caving to demands. I think he's having a "I want to be someone worthy of admiration who is a positive influence" moment, not a "people said I shouldn't swear so I'm not going to" one. But I do understand your fears Kev.

The more I observe pawtaytoe the more I'm convinced this is his conscience, not caving to demands. I think he's having a "I want to be someone worthy of admiration who is a positive influence" moment, not a "people said I shouldn't swear so I'm not going to" one. But I do understand your fears Kev.

See, I wouldn't go for "I want to be someone worthy of admiration who is a positive influence" either though. That can be a secondary priority, sure. But first, be authentic.

Authenticity is admirable, and is a positive influence :)

Here's what I'll say...

I understand what you are saying gisikw, I really do. And to see your honest opinion on this decision is also great. But that is exactly what I was doing. I was trying to swear and be rant-y, and it was not at all what I wanted to do. It was just what these people liked seeing.

In all honesty, I wanted to make help videos. I want my fans to submit a question, and I will do my best to help them with it. I want to make skits, and talk about topics that I would like to talk about. There is nothing harder then making a video about twelvies when you personally have no idea what the hell they are.

I enjoy helping people, I enjoy making people laugh, and I enjoy talking about the things that I care about :) That, is the type of person I want to be recognized as.

Back