Changing Channel tags

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen several large channels use # now..
Ye, I've seen it too, but it goes back to viewer behaviour. I could be wrong, but viewers don't use # tags in Yt. They certainly use them in Twitter and Instagram, but not Facebook nor YouTube as far as I know. But, maybe that is changing, and people are searching for videos with # tags.[DOUBLEPOST=1507407739,1507407675][/DOUBLEPOST]
You have done good investigation detective KTR :) I will need to do the same for the channels on my field.
If a channel grows big quickly, I want to know why.

Reactions: Gamayun
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ye, I've seen it too, but it goes back to viewer behaviour. I could be wrong, but viewers don't use # tags in Yt. They certainly use them in Twitter and Instagram, but not Facebook nor YouTube as far as I know. But, maybe that is changing, and people are searching for videos with # tags.[DOUBLEPOST=1507407739,1507407675][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think it might br changing.. I say this because our biggest search term right now is #badkids.. but I could be wrong

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

I am not always can connect all dots to see big picture. Some times do not see small details at all. :0)This learn colors vidos with kids took large numbers of views form drawing and painting channels . I will start adding special effects to my videos soon already add some animation. Do you now where to get free files for smoke to work in AdobeAfterEffect?

Reactions: KiddieToysReview
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you now where to get free files for smoke to work in AdobeAfterEffect?
We use footage.productioncrate, They have all kinds of amazing effects. They have some for free. You can pay a yearly fee for access to everything. It wouldn't let me add a link, but google this and it should come up.[DOUBLEPOST=1507417316,1507416970][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ha! You are correct! Putting #bad into the search bar shows all sorts of interesting things. Definitely something to experiment with.
Yes, I would totally try it out with a channel your size. Def worth a shot!

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
We use footage.productioncrate, They have all kinds of amazing effects. They have some for free. You can pay a yearly fee for access to everything. It wouldn't let me add a link, but google this and it should come up.[DOUBLEPOST=1507417316,1507416970][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, I would totally try it out with a channel your size. Def worth a shot!
Thanks for the link! I downloaded few already

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not always can connect all dots to see big picture. Some times do not see small details at all. :0)This learn colors vidos with kids took large numbers of views form drawing and painting channels . I will start adding special effects to my videos soon already add some animation. Do you now where to get free files for smoke to work in AdobeAfterEffect?
For the limited special effects I have done so far, I mostly search for free green screen footage on Yt:
youtube.com/results?search_query=green+screen+smoke

I user Premiere, so it's a simple UltraKey effect and it's done! I have as yet to make strides in AE, I have tried twice, and both times the complexity of the workflow perplexed me. Just need patience, free time and more time...

You know the coloring craze for kids channels came about as a result of the adult coloring books craze of 2-3 years ago. Something like 30+ coloring books were in the top 100 on Amazon. Everywhere you looked, they were for sale: newsagents, Kmart, supermarkets, everywhere. Now they pretty much died out, book wise. Some industrious forward thinking channel brought the format over to kids youtube, where it apparently exploded. I would think that vertical is pretty much topped out, if not in decline. Learn colors is at the top now, but look for a decline into Christmas. We need to watch very carefully what is the new trend.

I think an interesting way to detect the next big trend - it first starts with big channels running the new type videos, then it gets filtered down to the smaller channels. If the trend is hot, channels pop open to capitalize specifically on the trend. How many thousands of learn colors channels are there now? Same for coloring, same for giant eggs and surprise eggs back in the goold old days. So look for that crux when every channel is doing a video to when the big channels start popping open secondary channels on the craze. That's the start of the trend and the point to jump in.[DOUBLEPOST=1507437047,1507436941][/DOUBLEPOST]
We use footage.productioncrate
Thanks, didn't know this one!

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Ye so this channel is what I close 'close tracker'. They basically closely track channels and implement the same videos. Their very first video hits many of the popular tropes and video craft employed by Vlad and similar on trend channels. This leads me to believe this is not their first channel. If you look at the kids eyes during facial shots (and also the white light switch) in their first video you will see they are using studio lighting. It's unlikely that for the very first video everything will be done correctly right off the bat, especially with the proper lighting equipment and well placed sound effects. This makes me believe they have kids video production experience already, and likely a larger/older channel. They popped this one open to capitalize on the 'learn colors' trend. But then again their description is stuffed with # tags, which is unusual for an experienced channel operator.
Thanks for your response KTR. As was already said, great work detective!

It could be true and they already have experience but to be honest I also bought (cheap) studio lights and if you looked at my first video you might have noticed them too :) I don't use them now though as it's a pain to set up and to make sure they don't reflect anywhere.

# Tags are used by many big channels now. I included them into my recent video and within 10-20 minutes after I published my video got about 20 visits in 10 minutes, which I later found came using #nurseryrhymes keyword :) I'm now removed from search results for this keyword so getting zero search traffic.

I think you are right about "close tracker" - it's more about being very consistent and right on trend, with their thumbnails being the same as of big channels which of course copy it from each other too :).

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your response KTR. As was already said, great work detective!

It could be true and they already have experience but to be honest I also bought (cheap) studio lights and if you looked at my first video you might have noticed them too :) I don't use them now though as it's a pain to set up and to make sure they don't reflect anywhere.

# Tags are used by many big channels now. I included them into my recent video and within 10-20 minutes after I published my video got about 20 visits in 10 minutes, which I later found came using #nurseryrhymes keyword :) I'm now removed from search results for this keyword so getting zero search traffic.

I think you are right about "close tracker" - it's more about being very consistent and right on trend, with their thumbnails being the same as of big channels which of course copy it from each other too :).
I'm going to try tags on tonight's video, very interested to see the results! But it's hard to tell without proper A/B testing if any traffic is due to what, there are just so many factors involved.

Yep true about the lights. Probably not so much the lights, but their shooting technique is good, definitely not a first video (if I compare to my first one, or some other first ones I've seen). Of course the guys can also have experience just with normal home movies or some other projects which greatly diminishes the learning curve.

Yep consistency and keyword concentration are key until you build your audience over a certain tipping point. At that time, they will watch even if you go off trend or do your own stuff. EmilyTube and ToysToSee are great example, no matter what they do they have an audience.