Changing Channel Name

alanlee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
Hi All,

I wanted to change my Channel name but I am unable to do this so I have created a new one. My old channel has some subscribers and I'm thinking that I'll need to start again with regards to getting traction for my channel.

Do people have any tips on what to do in this scenario on how best to manage this and try and retain my subscribers.

Thanks

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
you can add annotations in your videos on your old channel redirecting your viewers and encourage them to subscribe to the new channel if your account has that feature enabled:)

alanlee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
Ah thanks Tonio..

Another question, how do you get those Facebook and other social media icons under your profile.. is that with the VIP membership?

FNGSmexxy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Make a video on the old channel telling your subs to come over to the new one

Reactions: Tonio

Mister Bear

YTT's Parody Making Bear!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ah thanks Tonio..

Another question, how do you get those Facebook and other social media icons under your profile.. is that with the VIP membership?
Nope, those are free! You need to go to your settings and you can add those links in if you want them! :D.

Reactions: alanlee

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Ah thanks Tonio..

Your welcome and go to contact details in your yttalk account and there you can add your social media networking sites and signature videos require vip membership and posting around in some parts of this forum.[DOUBLEPOST=1366667703,1366667596][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope, those are free! You need to go to your settings and you can add those links in if you want them! :D.
they are a free feature indeed but youtube enables features after verification on a youtube account now and some users have more availability of features like myself:p

alanlee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
Thanks guys.. keep the tips running! I need to get VIP status also so I can list my new channel!

Reactions: Tonio

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Thanks guys.. keep the tips running! I need to get VIP status also so I can list my new channel!
If you be a goody member on the forums and i see you as a active poster you may get a donation:) because the forum is designed to be top notch and rule out the spammers not saying that you are one just in general

Mister Bear

YTT's Parody Making Bear!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You don't need VIP to edit your channel link. You can do it in the settings without VIP :). Just letting you know!