Changing all thumbnails

Nigel Danson

Reaction score
does anybody know if it is bad practice for YouTube seo if you change all the thumbnails on your videos. I just want to add some branding consistency but don’t want to impact some good rankings I have

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No if anything making engaging thumbnails helps drive traffic. Go all in on that :)

Robot Elixir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Personally I wouldn't do them all in one go as replacing them will trigger a re-evaluation process which could really hurt videos that are performing well. I'd recommend starting with just 4-5 videos (probably the least performing ones) and newly published ones to see if you get the improvements you want. :) :up2:

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I definitely would. Makes them more appealing when found, so people are more likely to click on them.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your videos are performing well I would not change anything. Poor performing vids are worth updating.

HecksVision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I been updating to better thumbs on my channel. I do a few at a time every few days. I also am playing with new tags. The new thumbs are a huge improvement than the ones
I had and if I think they look good then others may feel the say. So yes its worth it and I have seen improvment. Not huge but a little.

Reactions: DougHewsonYT

Unite Player

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Once you set the branding, it's good to change your thumbnails to reflect the new look :) Depending on the number of videos you have on your channel, it'd be good to change a handful thumbnails and then monitor those videos and see where you need to go from there! But, don't prioritize this over new content :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My thumbnails all stick to a very similar theme as, like yourself I'm trying to create a brand and unique look for them, perhaps do a few and ask the community here to rate them.

P14

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If they are better, ofc change them! I don't see how a better thumbnail could ever hurt your video.