Changing a video from private to public! Will it get sent to my subscribers?

ENk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's good advice to keep a video private until you have watched it yourself to see if there are some technical issues with the upload, and you need to reupload. Has happened to me a couple of times, not fun!

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When you first make a video Public or Unlisted, it publishes it and that's when it notifies your subscribers, though I don't think Unlisted ones will notify them, but it still becomes published at this time. The video receives a published date on it as well.
So if you upload a video as "Unlisted" with the intent of pushing it to your viewers later, this could be detrimental. It's better to upload as "Private" if you want your subs to receive push notifications when you make it public.

Reactions: Michael Cimicata

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So if you upload a video as "Unlisted" with the intent of pushing it to your viewers later, this could be detrimental. It's better to upload as "Private" if you want your subs to receive push notifications when you make it public.
Yeah, though I haven't tested this. I'll test it on my other channel.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It will. All my videos are private for months before being published.
Ive heard this hurts a video because it's accruing time without being watched. I guess it's not true?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ive heard this hurts a video because it's accruing time without being watched. I guess it's not true?
Nope. Each of my videos has an upload date and published date. They are often months apart. When I make one of them public, it shows up in the feeds and I get the usual boost in views. When I search for it by upload date, it shows up as newly uploaded. The only downside is that when sorting my videos by date, it sorts them by upload date, not published date, and sometimes I don't upload them in the same order that I would publish them.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Nope. Each of my videos has an upload date and published date. They are often months apart. When I make one of them public, it shows up in the feeds and I get the usual boost in views. When I search for it by upload date, it shows up as newly uploaded. The only downside is that when sorting my videos by date, it sorts them by upload date, not published date, and sometimes I don't upload them in the same order that I would publish them.
Thanks. Good to know. Someone told me it's bad to do that but your channel is successful and if you've always done that, it's prof there's no harm done.