Changing a video from private to public! Will it get sent to my subscribers?

Michael Cimicata

YTtalk Mad
Hey everyone, I have a quick question! If I upload a video as private, and then change it to public at a later time, will it get sent to my subscribers when I change it to public? Also, if I re-change it to private, and then change it once again to public, Will it get re-sent to my subscribers? Thanks in advance for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it goes public, it goes to everyone that could find it! Even your subscribers! It might get easier for them to see it if they have pressed on that bell, that will help them get your video in their news feed!
Hope that helps!

By default, your video is set to Private as soon as you start uploading it. If you set it to Private, it just remains so. When you first make a video Public or Unlisted, it publishes it and that's when it notifies your subscribers, though I don't think Unlisted ones will notify them, but it still becomes published at this time. The video receives a published date on it as well. Setting it to Private and then Public again won't do anything because it was already published.

Yeah. Pretty sure it'll be shown in the sub box once it's public. Not sure if it'll appear right at the top of the sub box once it's public if you've had it privated for some time. Idk.

In terms of the notification, I don't think it sends out a new notification.

Thank you all for the responses! I left one of my videos as private for a few hours, and then switched it to public, and it immediately got views! So I'm assuming that it got sent out to my subscribers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back