Change Youtube Channel name

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'd like to change my Youtube Channel name, however I come across several problems.

1. My new Channel name would consist of one word only for instance YTname.TV. However since the account is linked to Google+ there is a first name and a surname that I need to fill in.

2. I heard there is a way to create a new branded account and link the channel to it, after which I could change the Youtube name without those restrictions. Is that information valid and if so, how to do it? Are there any disadvantages arising from this? I read in a Youtube comment that one guy lost his custom URL and could not create a new one?

3. Let's assume the solution mentioned above doesn't work and I decide to fill my new Channel name into the First Name and Surname Section and just leave out that dot, so it would be [YT name] TV. It seems that the Google account requires First and Last name, so is that actually okay in terms of Google rules to use a fictional name as the one I mentioned above in that field? Or is it possible that Google/Youtube some day decides to close that channel because "xyz TV" is obviously not a real name?

Thank you for your help!

RhysP

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'd like to change my Youtube Channel name, however I come across several problems.

1. My new Channel name would consist of one word only for instance YTname.TV. However since the account is linked to Google+ there is a first name and a surname that I need to fill in.

2. I heard there is a way to create a new branded account and link the channel to it, after which I could change the Youtube name without those restrictions. Is that information valid and if so, how to do it?

Thank you for your help!
Make sure you're signed in.

youtube.com/channel_switcher > create new

you can edit your name on mobile by clicking on your icon > my channel , and click the settings cog.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk