Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Hot Topic Change to the notification bell & comments (** all discussion here only **)

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Frithgar, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Frithgar
    Cash:
    $22
    Logged in this morning and noticed that the notifications in the top right of the screen on the YouTube page has changed slightly. Now instead of being able to get a quick recap of all comments on a single video, it shows every comment individually. Also, when I click on the comment, instead of simply expanding and allowing me to interact there on the notifications section, it automatically takes me to the actual video page and shows me the comment on the page.

Is this being rolled out across everyone or is it something I've inadvertently changed without realising? I like how they were yesterday because I could recap all of them without hassle, now I've got hundreds of notifications and no real way to keep on top of them all.

Thank you for your time

Frithgar

2. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $980
    yep, they've been like this for a few months for me. Its really counter productive. :/

adamboujemaa likes this.
  3. Frithgar
    Cash:
    $22
    Dang, I was hoping it wasn't a forced update :(

adamboujemaa likes this.
  4. clairelouise
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $26
    is it also not letting u reply to your comments? when I try to comment through the video it doesn't let me

5. Matboksen
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $2,140
    It's a bit weird.
    On some of my computers and devices it's this new thingy, while on some other computers it's the old thingy :O

Riddikore and KatyAdelson like this.
  6. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $3,037
    Yeah... It's been like that for me too.. :( I liked the old version...
    :eek:
    That's interesting! I wonder if I could get to the older version by using a different browser? o.o I'll have to try that this evening. ^^

Riddikore likes this.
  7. OfficialRPGames
    Cash:
    $41
    Youtube is legit messing up everything for everyone, watchers and creators alike, as for replying to comments, what i find helps is going into your video manager, then clicking the community drop down tab on the left, and from there answering comments, it shows who commented what, and on what video! You can literally manage all your comments from there, as well as see spam messages and or messages!

adamboujemaa likes this.
  8. PositivelyBrainwashed
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $122
    I prefer commenting using Tubebuddy's dashboard. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't "heart" a comment from there.

9. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $5,165
    I really don't like the change either. I don't like how when it says someone has replied to me, I can't quickly reply from that alert like you could before. Now, the only way to do it is to click on the comment and go to the actual video (but I don't want to watch my videos for 20 seconds each time I reply to a reply and mess up my audience retention and or risk viewing my own ads)

I also get the impression that comments are disappearing.

Lightsen likes this.
  10. Hopeless Insomniac
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    It has been like this for awhile for me too