Change intro?

Penny Art

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What's your opinion on changing your intro? I'm afraid mine maybe a little too long at around 18 secs. I've seen were a lot of channels randomly add their intros, and then in their comments there will be people asking "where'd your intro go?" Should you always stick to the same intro, or is it OK to change it occasionally? Or often?

JZilla1995

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe it's a good habit to change your intro every now and again. It makes it more interesting for your audience + as you grow you can see your content grow. 18 seconds is a little too long. Maybe 15 or 10 is a sweet spot.

Penny Art

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I believe it's a good habit to change your intro every now and again. It makes it more interesting for your audience + as you grow you can see your content grow. 18 seconds is a little too long. Maybe 15 or 10 is a sweet spot.
Thanks for the advice. I think I will switch it up a little.

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like to keep intros around 10 seconds max. That was its quick but not too quick that my viewers miss it. I feel like if it is longer than that they can lose interest and no longer watch the video. Just my opinion though. And I agree, it is good to change up intros every now and then to add some variety to your videos :)

CallMeMurdic

Reaction score
Intros change, I'd say you're fine as long as the logo should stays consistent. Also, if you have an 18 second intro, you should have one of a similar theme that's like 2-5 seconds. No matter how dope the intro is, I've found that the longer ones tend to get more and more annoying for returning viewers who have already seen it. Save the long intro for big projects and the short intros to enhance brand development and recognition. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482017539,1482017488][/DOUBLEPOST]Cheers

Attachments

Penny Art

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Intros change, I'd say you're fine as long as the logo should stays consistent. Also, if you have an 18 second intro, you should have one of a similar theme that's like 2-5 seconds. No matter how dope the intro is, I've found that the longer ones tend to get more and more annoying for returning viewers who have already seen it. Save the long intro for big projects and the short intros to enhance brand development and recognition. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482017539,1482017488][/DOUBLEPOST]Cheers
Thanks for the advice!