Certain YouTubers are sick in the head

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After a terrorist livestreamed his attack on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, during which he killed 49 people, YouTube saw an “unprecedented” number of reuploads of the horrific footage.

At times, as many as one video per second poured onto YouTube, with people uploading either the shooter’s entire 17-minute livestream, or parts of it. Neal Mohan, YouTube’s chief product officer, told The Washington Post that, following the shooting last Friday, YouTube had to pull together its “war room” full of people called “incident commanders,” who are specifically trained to handle crises on the platform.

Those commanders worked overnight Friday into Saturday, ultimately removing tens of thousands of videos and terminating hundreds of accounts that promoted or glorified the shooter’s actions against the Muslim community, YouTube confirmed in a tweet today.

3XFINWY.png

Full article and sources: https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...systems/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.525fab42177b
and https://www.tubefilter.com/2019/03/...e-video-per-second-newsworthy-search-results/

____

What is going through their minds as they are uploading a video showing people getting murdered? Wow.

SMH

The uploader wont gain anything from it though? YouTube will delete the videos / delete the accounts / Ban the IP / Refuse to pay any revenue
Right?

trying to make white people out to be the victims
This boggles my mind as well. It was a terrorist attack on a MOSQUE. Innocent Muslim people died. How are white people the victim here?

The uploader wont gain anything from it though?
They're doing it for the sensation, for the attention, to spread hateful messages. Very very sadly, some people rejoice the sight of Muslims being mowed down. It's sickening.

Can I just give a big shout out to the Prime Minister of New Zealand? She has been an absolute hero throughout the whole ordeal. She has provided immediate support to the families of the victim, doesn't name nor glorify the shooter, hasn't used this event to turn it into something political. She has approached it as the drama that it is, of innocent people losing their lives for no reason. Big hands to her!

It's really sad that people want to re-upload something like that... It seems like there always has been a lot of violence with humans, but sometimes I wonder if all the violent video games and movies have made some people think the "real events" are not as big of a deal as they actually are... :S It's definitely NOT a movie, and shouldn't be shared with the world like that.... :(

But I love the YouTube Insiders channel (and I guess their Twitter account, too!), and all the communication they are trying to have with everyone. They're my new favorite YouTube thing. ^_^

Just another way for sad individuals to capitalise on a tragedy to get themselves a few clicks.

"I'm popular now because I uploaded a horrible video. This is great for me" <<< that's a horrible thought.

It's really sad how many people only want to spread "hate, suffering, and negativity" throughout the world. Like that's all they really care about.

These are people I will never understand. But I am glad that Youtube is taking extreme measures to prevent this from spreading even more.

This is so disrespectful to the victims and their families. The YouTubers doing this kind of stuff also hurt the platform and the community as a whole.

Back