• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Celebrating 1 Year Of Posting A Video Every Wednesday!

Riaz Sidi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What a crazy ride so far! I have uploaded 55 videos and have amassed around 50,000 views across YouTube & Facebook! 576 FB Likes, 142 YT subs....not stellar at first glance...

But what is more important is the journey and what I have learned about myself by giving nuggets of wisdom and humour with others! I have met so many people!

No one sees the 3-4 hours of filming and editing every week, they see the 2-5 minutes of content and make snap judgements. I used to take it personally but now I understand it is all part of the game. This game is fun and if I feel like that after a year of effort despite my 'disappointing' results then I am really only beginning. There are only positives and if you see negative you will stay negative.

The reality is everyone is chasing these quantitative milestones but I am realizing the qualitative milestones, the ones where I push myself to film even when I am feeling down, or pushing along when it feels like I am on the only one watching are the ones that are actually meaningful.

In the last year, I have had tons of people PM me, I appeared on local television, got married, quit my job, started a business, and now I am having a baby - and the awesome part is the couple or dozen true fans got to share along the ride. I think I am also underestimating how many people are watching regularly. It seems like everyone I know is creepily watching but I am a bit naive to it.

What I have truly learned is that it only takes one view to change a life. And now I know this from experience.

My goal for this year is to engage here on YT Talk. I feel like I have passed level 1 but need some level 2 advice.

Thanks for sharing in this milestone with me!

Riaz

Reactions: babyteeth4

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats on the year of dedication!