Cards Worth Adding With 12 Views per Video Average?

avrona

Is it worth me adding cards to my videos while I only get around 12 views per video? Is there something specific to add to my cards to increase my traffic? The thing is I've been doing YouTube for 3 and a half years and yes, I only get around 12 views per video after so long, so every bit of advice on improving that number is really helpful.

Just remind me...what are cards again? :p Also check your channel link, I think you may need to update that :)

I've used some cards on my more popular videos if I have related material or in general if I'm referencing some other video (and I did video series on my trip to Malta before the end credit stuff came, so linked those with cards). Overall I have results of 1,5% clicks on the card teasers and 30% clicks per shown cards. I don't think cards that haven't been clicked show up in the analytics though and those are usually the "referencing some other video in the current video" style ones.

With that in mind, I probably wouldn't bother adding them to every video. They do have the advantage over the end credits that the position of the card can be put on where on average people leave the video, so they might watch more of your related stuff. So I'd use them in that way with a text similar to your video titles.

So an example: You make an unboxing video and then later review the thing you unboxed. So I'd add a card with the text "Watch review of unboxed item" to the unboxing video.

I've used some cards on my more popular videos if I have related material or in general if I'm referencing some other video (and I did video series on my trip to Malta before the end credit stuff came, so linked those with cards). Overall I have results of 1,5% clicks on the card teasers and 30% clicks per shown cards. I don't think cards that haven't been clicked show up in the analytics though and those are usually the "referencing some other video in the current video" style ones.

With that in mind, I probably wouldn't bother adding them to every video. They do have the advantage over the end credits that the position of the card can be put on where on average people leave the video, so they might watch more of your related stuff. So I'd use them in that way with a text similar to your video titles.

So an example: You make an unboxing video and then later review the thing you unboxed. So I'd add a card with the text "Watch review of unboxed item" to the unboxing video.
Huh didn't think of that, that's genius! Good tip!

Back