Car Driving By

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
So I record my videos near a street, probably like most YouTubers I assume. I was going through my old videos and can clearly hear a car drive by while I am talking. I don't mind it being in the video, but wanted to make sure that it is legal or whatnot. Thanks everyone.

Edit: Found another mishap. Can't tell if a TV is on, or if someone is talking, but I can hear a voice in the background, however not loud enough for me to distinguish any words.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the legal discussion forum. :) Do you mean the car had music playing when it was driving by? If it's just the sound of an engine, it's probably fine... If music can clearly be heard playing, I think that might be a bit of a grey area...

Reactions: darksmokeyt

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I moved this to the legal discussion forum. :) Do you mean the car had music playing when it was driving by? If it's just the sound of an engine, it's probably fine... If music can clearly be heard playing, I think that might be a bit of a grey area...
Thanks you. It was just engine noise from the car.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I once had a video claimed because there were birds chirping in the background. There are people out there that will try to claim anything......
My other channel is dormant but still live and I have one "company" that claim 5 or 6 videos a month as their own. They have absolutely no rights to them, I shot them, there is no music but they still have a go just incase I miss the notification.
Despite multiple communications with Youtube about this bogus company they still allow them to claim videos.
The moral is, stick to the rules and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: darksmokeyt