Capture Card Advice

Luke Whaymand

Reaction score
Hello YTtalk,
I am interested in posting gameplay onto youtube, like Call of Duty, Fifa, Skyrim, Minecraft e.t.c. I also would like to buy a Capture Card. I was looking at a Hauppauge HD PVR, but then I realised that it doesn't support 1080p (which is what my TV resolution is)! Can anyone recommend a different capture card that supports 1080p, produces HD quality (like the PVR) and works with a Windows 7 Dell Laptop?
Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks!

Reactions: L.G.

BwadleyBwuv

Visit my channel and give me feedback!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
ive got the hd pvr gaming edition, it supports 1080i which basically is the same thing (check my channel for quality) and it comes with all the wires to connect 2 ur tv it is really good

Luke Whaymand

Reaction score
So will the HD PVR still work with my 1080p TV? I have a HDMI cable if that makes a difference. I have researched and everyone seems to suggest that the PVR won't work with a 1080p TV?

BwadleyBwuv

Reaction score
Channel Type
of course it works, ive also got a hdmi lead but it comes with some other leads that are for the pvr to connect from ur console to the laptop/pc and to the tv as well, hope this helps mate

L.G.

God is Good! :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
So will the HD PVR still work with my 1080p TV? I have a HDMI cable if that makes a difference. I have researched and everyone seems to suggest that the PVR won't work with a 1080p TV?
u would have to get the component cables...it can record in 1080p but I think 720p would do just fine! :)
I own an HD PVR as well...

BwadleyBwuv

Reaction score
Channel Type
u would have to get the component cables...it can record in 1080p but I think 720p would do just fine! :)
I own an HD PVR as well...
totally agree except with the gaming edition you get the cables free with it ;)

Luke Whaymand

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Do I need any additional cables to make the HD PVR work with 1080p?

L.G.

Reaction score
Channel Type
totally agree except with the gaming edition you get the cables free with it ;)
mine did too...I assumed that he didn't have the component cables for his Xbox...
unless the gaming one can do HDMI...

Luke Whaymand

Reaction score
So just to clarify, the HD PVR Gaming Edition comes with ALL the cables needed to record from my 1080p TV? I don't have a 720p TV. The HD PVR will work if I buy the gaming edition with my 1080p TV?[DOUBLEPOST=1343994512][/DOUBLEPOST]I really need to know- Yes or No, will the HD PVR record my games on the XBox from a 1080p TV?

L.G.

Reaction score
Channel Type
So just to clarify, the HD PVR Gaming Edition comes with ALL the cables needed to record from my 1080p TV? I don't have a 720p TV. The HD PVR will work if I buy the gaming edition with my 1080p TV?
yea it does...for more clarity here's a video of the unboxing: