Can't upload GIF header?

Chris Cant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It could be but we're all just guessing. Is there no where we can go to get information directly from YouTube?

Matts Verkest

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It could be but we're all just guessing. Is there no where we can go to get information directly from YouTube?
I have the same issue...It's 1.4 MB and 2560x1440, it gives me two errors, one try again later and two the file is too big. So I changed it, it's now 0.7 MB and 2560x1152. Now it quotes the file isn't supported. I use an animated gif. Anyone knows what the problem is???

Chris Cant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's frustrating but I can't get a straight answer anywhere. I've been through loads of forums, looked at reddit and even this forum doesn't know what's going on. Where can we find out about YouTube news and updates!? Surely something is being done to fix this? Seriously, how do we get information directly from YouTube?

SkampyyGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
It's frustrating but I can't get a straight answer anywhere. I've been through loads of forums, looked at reddit and even this forum doesn't know what's going on. Where can we find out about YouTube news and updates!? Surely something is being done to fix this? Seriously, how do we get information directly from YouTube?
There isn't really a direct way of contacting YouTube, at least not that I know about. If you are partnered I would suggest contacting your network. Also I heard that some people were saving there file as .jif.jpeg and that's why it wasn't working, dunno why they would save it like that. Anyway I'm making myself a new banner tomorrow so I will come back here and say if it worked for me or not.

mattRletsplay

Reaction score
YouTube removed .Gif banners my network said YouTube said it was a error they made that's why people got to upload .Gif banner but now YouTube fixed it so now you can't upload them anymore

Devon Smelks

Reaction score
Sorry to bump a dead thread, just thought I'd chime in and let you guys know this guy still has an animated banner: youtube.com/user/TheSwollenGamer