Can't play multiplayer and record?

ForbidenProdigy

Reaction score
So i'm still learning about pcs and something that keeps happening to me is that when I try and use my OBS to record multiplayer games like Overwatch or RSS it'll record the main menu but once I join a game the audio still records but the video freezes. My computer is almost 5 years old so I have been assuming its a hardware issue?

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nope its OBS issue, i'm guessing Overwatch has a block recording software and OBS has yet to fix it. You should be able to record using other recorders or workarounds.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am unfamiliar with OBS, I use CyberLink Screen Recorder. It has a draggable box to film any portion of the screen regardless of what window it is. Do they not all do that?

ForbidenProdigy

Reaction score
the older OBS I had didn't but the newer one I also have does let you resize they recording screen. I ended up changing Overwatch's display settings from Fullscreen to Bordered Window and so far that seems to have helped. I've been able to get some good test recordings done with that change for whatever reason.

jonsnsow1221

Reaction score
Website
errorcode0x.com
The multiplayer recording issue is happening with most of the users and I have also faced the same. The thing is that it needs to be fixed and the problem is not only occurring while doing the multiple recording but access of it to the users is also getting corrupted.