Can't Monetize New Channel?

MissMisanthropist

Youtube let me sign up for a secondary channel and I linked it to a website and it's based in the US but when I try to monetize it says "not available in your country" which makes no sense considering I'm in the US and my main channel is monetized. I know I put I'm in the US as well. Can I not monetize a secondary channel to my first one or something? The new channel is:

User name: idontfindyouthatinteresting (Won't let me post a link to my secondary channel here)

People were getting sick of my "Fandom rants" so I made a channel to connect to my main so that people who were interested in that (quite a few apparently) could sign up but I can't monetize it? Why? I am in good standing with youtube, I'm linked to a website, it's under my same name...what's the problem here?

If you have both channels linked, I believe you can only monetize one. Is it a completely new gmail and everything? Or just a new YouTube page?

It has been linked to an entirely new website. Like a domain that I own (a secondary one) it's not with a different Email though, can I reregister it with a new Gmail account or do I have to delete it and start over with an entirely different thing and link my website a second time?

I have verified through phone, email, and my own domain name which is ALL in the US so there is literally no reason I should be getting an error message that i am in the wrong country. It doesn't say anything about accounts being linked being against the rules or using the same email besides even if I did use the same email what does it matter? They are entirely new videos, a new channel, and different content. Seriously? And I can't find any help for this. There are forum posts dating back years where people have this problem and no one can answer it. There is no support to actually contact youtube so how do you even fix this? I already announced this channel to my subscribers I am already getting subscribers on it, This is irritating that I can't get an answer and any forum I find this question posed on there's never any resolution.

Last edited:
Right now I am trying to transfer the channel to a new name but it seems a lot of people get this same messages and Youtube has an AWFUL support system they don't even list this as a possible error to troubleshoot. You can't contact anyone, you can't get help, and the "official forums" don't even have people from youtube just other users who scratch their heads idiotically. This is really frustrating. I hope transferring the domain works *sigh*

Update: Apparently there are like 900 different ways you have to verify you are from the US it's a pain in the butt. I figured it out though.

Back