Can't monetize after changing music over to YT's Audio Library

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, there are 3-4 videos of mine that I need to change over to music from Youtube's audio library so that I can monetize them. On two of them, I had chosen music that was labelled as being in the creative commons, but they were from lesser known sources. At first, they were able to be monetized - then they were claimed by some other source (I suspect just larger companies stealing away the songs). I disputed it a couple of times - showing the source of music and creative commons licence that goes with it. And all the images in the video are my own. Youtube never changed the video back to being monetized (by myself). By the third time, they responded with some reply about YT reserving the right to monetize what they want. Fair enough. Or not, but it didn't bother me too much, It was a low view count video. I just left it as is. But lately, I've been reviewing my whole channel (adding end screens, etc.) and decided to change over the music on those videos so they could be monetized. For the first one I worked on, I deleted the old song and added a song from YT's audio library that matched the length of my video perfectly. And I added the necessary attribution that was asked to be added. In my video manager, it now shows the video as "Not eligible for monetization". When I go into the info and settings, there isn't even a tab for choosing to monetize the video???

Any suggestions on what to do? Should I begin with the feedback option at the bottom of the screen?

And for the record, I've got around 500 videos monetized with no issues at all...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No one else has had this problem or heard of this problem??

I always have the option to click on the "Send Feedback" link at the bottom of the page. I'm skeptical I'll get a solution that way. Or would I?

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bump.

(I don't know if it's bad form to bump threads on the forums... but it's been a few months...)

Anyone?