Can't get views anymore on my channel.. what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HistoryU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not a huge channel(22,000 subs), but I was growing pretty well throughout 2018. I then noticed something changed about November/December 2018 where my daily views/watchtime just seemed to plummet out of nowhere.

My new videos used to have about a 7+ day window where they would get some decent views, but after the "change" that they would peak in the 24-36 hour window and just die afterwards. The "new" peak was pretty bad as well, not even getting close to the amount of views previous videos would get.

I make history documentaries so I don't produce content fast, but I was this way in 2018 as well and I didn't have a problem getting views/subscribers.

As you can see from my graph, the difference between 2019 and 2018 is stark. Did I get hit with a dreaded algorithm change that killed my channel? It's very, very frustrating and I don't know what to do or if there is anything I can do to fix this...

Views.png

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't know if this is exactly the same for you, but I find that sometimes I get a video or two that continue to gather views for a few months, keeping my 'views' and 'watch time' up quite high (or rather, at average) regardless of more recent videos, but sometimes when I post a newer video I stop getting views on those older videos all of a sudden..

I think based on the latter part of 2018 your lower level of views has stayed the same but there are no spikes anymore, which... I mean, Unless you just didn't post anything that does seem odd...

Did you have a few videos that just got a lot of views really quickly, or that continued to get high views, which could have effected your overall score?

I can see why it would be frustrating though.. I feel like lots of people have had issues like this in the last few months/years

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
try making some evergreen content.. something that people are always searching for.. and maybe do more sep planning? Do you research if there is search demand for the particular topic title you're going to aim for? Otherwise if it's something obscure its mostly only going to be seen by some of your subscribers then die down. Just my thoughts but haven't seen any of your content.

HistoryU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know if this is exactly the same for you, but I find that sometimes I get a video or two that continue to gather views for a few months, keeping my 'views' and 'watch time' up quite high (or rather, at average) regardless of more recent videos, but sometimes when I post a newer video I stop getting views on those older videos all of a sudden..

I think based on the latter part of 2018 your lower level of views has stayed the same but there are no spikes anymore, which... I mean, Unless you just didn't post anything that does seem odd...

Did you have a few videos that just got a lot of views really quickly, or that continued to get high views, which could have effected your overall score?

I can see why it would be frustrating though.. I feel like lots of people have had issues like this in the last few months/years
No, I'm producing content all of the time, and my new videos aren't performing anymore like they used to... even when my channel was smaller. I even made some "click bait topic " videos just to see if it was the content that was performing worse. Nope, even my "popular/clickbait" topics aren't performing either.

YouTube definitely has "changed" something regarding my channel/similar channels.. whether it be an algorithm change or the way they recommend content. I know my channel and when something seems "off."

But I'm a small channel so they could care less about me. The best I would get is some automated BS that means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.