Can't find myself when I search my channel

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, so when I try to search my name (with a space in between, 'Logan Reynolds') I can't find my channel, yet when I combine them together "LoganReynolds" (which is my current channel name) I can find myself.

Is there any way for my current channel name to show up as channels as well when I type it in with spaces? It just seems that when I tell people about my channel, they automatically type it in with a space on Youtube and can't find my channel :p

For example, if I type in 'Connor Franta', it'll also show up his channel, which is his names combined...does this mean I have to be the most significant user with the name in order to show up? Thanks

Chrisicut

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey everyone, so when I try to search my name (with a space in between, 'Logan Reynolds') I can't find my channel, yet when I combine them together "LoganReynolds" (which is my current channel name) I can find myself.

Is there any way for my current channel name to show up as channels as well when I type it in with spaces? It just seems that when I tell people about my channel, they automatically type it in with a space on Youtube and can't find my channel :p

For example, if I type in 'Connor Franta', it'll also show up his channel, which is his names combined...does this mean I have to be the most significant user with the name in order to show up? Thanks
This is somewhat irrelevant, but if you use an incognito tab, you can search how other people would see it.

Anyways, it may help if you set your channel keywords, using the channel name that you expect people to search in order to find your channel.

To set your channel keywords, click your profile picture in the top right on YouTube > Creator Studio > Channel > Advanced > Channel Keywords

I am not sure if this would help, but it's better than nothing!

Technomania

its over 9000!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
no your channel keywords wont work they will automatically join to make a word. you will just have to stay with the join words for a long time until google's bots find your channel without the join words.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Very simple solution: Include the text "Logan Reynolds" as a signature in the description of all your videos. Within 3 days, you will appear in search.

You might also want to change the text name of your channel to "Logan Reynolds" (with a space) if you think that's how people will search for you.

Reactions: Michael

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your responses everyone! I'll definitely try out these tips! Hope to find my channel up there in the search results soon :)

Reactions: Michael