Cant Figure Out How To Use This Lav Mic

Poly Gamey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I recently bought 2 iRig Lavalier microphones to use during interviews. All of the instructions say i should be able to plug it in and right away start using it, but for some reason it only works with voice recorder software and the all the video recording software seems to jump right back to using the phones default microphone which I cant seem to change. I went and downloaded a voice recorder and they work fine, but when I go to record video it wont work and this is no good because I need to be able to have video for my.... well... videos.

The phone is a motorola e5 crusie I think....

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I can't speak for your specific phone since I have an Iphone X but what kind of Lav mic are you using?

Some phones I've heard just wont use then external mics but only the internal unless you use an app like FIlmicPro.

A workaround that might work for you is using the voice recorder, hitting record, (So the mic starts recording) then going to the camera and hitting record on that so your video records, Clap on camera 3 times and then after the video is done sync the video and audio up in editing. It's more work but its a possible workaround.