Can't change my username

YewTewb

Reaction score
So I've just created a new channel, which I wanted to have a one-word name. The channel creation doesn't allow that so I put the name in twice, assuming I'd have the ability to choose a separate display name. That doesn't appear to be true.

I've looked at a bunch of videos like this one: er8qNhVNtq8 (I've just posted the part of the url that identifies the video there because the forum software won't let me post a url).

Now, I can follow all the steps in those videos and it'll be just the one word in the "control what people see about you page", but that doesn't translate into it changing on my actual channel. It does say that it may take a few minutes for the name to change across all platforms, but it's been over an hour and it's still as it was.

Can anybody help?[DOUBLEPOST=1492460500,1492453565][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I figured it out. It's pretty stupid and convoluted.

I had to create a brand account with the name that I wanted, then associate my channel with that brand account, deleting the brand account channel in the process.