Can't add scheduled videos to playlists anymore

Mental Fox

Reaction score
I prefer to schedule my videos in advance so they're "published" at the same time every day. I used to be able to add these scheduled videos to a playlist so that when they're published they're added to the playlist automatically, but as of a few days ago I'm no longer able to do that. It seems to coincide with the release of the end screen feature. Now when my scheduled video is published I have to remember to go back and add it to the proper playlist, which in my opinion kind of defeats the purpose of scheduling a video in the first place.
Is anyone else having this issue? I searched the forum and didn't see any other mention of it. Perhaps I'm the only one who schedules his videos?

Anon7906

Reaction score
I too make heavy use of the scheduling feature because sometimes I'll go days without being able to upload. Just added a scheduled video to a playlist just fine so I don't know what to tell you. It works for me.

Mental Fox

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Did you verify that your scheduled video was actually added to the playlist? When I schedule the video and add it to the playlist it looks like it works fine but if I go back to the Video Manager and then Edit the video again, or if I look at the Playlist for that series, I'll see that it's not actually added to the playlist.

Anon7906

Reaction score
Yes it was added. It's on the playlist and if i select edit, the playlist I added it to is there.

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This exact thing happened to me. What you have to do is put it on public first then choose he playlist, then go back to scheduled.

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In the playlist settings, I have it auto-add videos with a specific tag so I don't have to worry about manually selecting playlists anywhere else for future releases. You could also have it look to certain words in the title, etc.

Mental Fox

Reaction score
This exact thing happened to me. What you have to do is put it on public first then choose he playlist, then go back to scheduled.
Yep, that's what I ended up doing. It's kind of a pain.[DOUBLEPOST=1477714830,1477714812][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the playlist settings, I have it auto-add videos with a specific tag so I don't have to worry about manually selecting playlists anywhere else for future releases. You could also have it look to certain words in the title, etc.
Not a bad idea! I'll give this a try and see if it works for me. Thanks.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I add the video to the playlist before selecting the "scheduled" option. If I forget and select scheduled first,I can always set it to public (without saving that setting), add it to the playlist, then set it back to scheduled without it publishing it.

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah, when you have it scheduled, the playlist option goes away, but you can do it in the opposite order, adding it to a playlist and then scheduling it.

One thing to pay attention to, though, is that if you have a scheduled video in a playlist, it can mess up the playlist if it's listed first.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Add it to the playlist when it's uploading. That's what I always do and it still works for me. I just uploaded a video for today and was able to add it into the appropriate playlist while it uploaded.

Then just set it to scheduled after it's done and away you go.