Canon G7x Mark II

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Does anybody use this camera? I need/want a vlogging camera and this one seems PERFECT. But almost too perfect, does anybody else have this camera? What are some pros and cons? The only con I could find is that is doesn’t film slow mo videos very well

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I got this one :) I'll list some pro's and cons:

Pro's:
- Super portable, will fit easily in the pocket of your jacket
- Flip up screen
- Pre installed settings for different filming habits, such as a function for panning and a function for people oriented shots
- 1080p HD footage
- Good build in microphone (though small dead cat would be advised when outdoor vlogging)

Cons:
- The focus. The auto focus often has a hard time finding you. You can register your face to the camera to solve this problem a bit, but it doesn't work in all function settings. Tip: Use Auto Focus Lock when filming a sit down talk video.
- No 4K (so indeed not great for slowmo)
- No external microphone jack
- When used for outdoor vlogging, take care not to get any sand or dust behind the lens, because even the Canon service can't fix this for you.

Considering the price and quality, I'd say this is a great camera to start of with. However, make sure to check you're in focus before you start talking ;)