can youtube view your private videos?

oh hi mark

Reaction score
oh hi forum i was wondering if the fine people at youtube can view videos you set to private?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm sure someone with super-user / admin rights could but I know for a fact that the tech support agents on the front line can't view them. I know this because I once contacted them about an issue I was having with a scheduled video (so still private) - They replied to ask me to make it unlisted or public because they couldn't view private videos.

hth

oh hi mark

Reaction score
I'm sure someone with super-user / admin rights could but I know for a fact that the tech support agents on the front line can't view them. I know this because I once contacted them about an issue I was having with a scheduled video (so still private) - They replied to ask me to make it unlisted or public because they couldn't view private videos.

hth
hi thank you for that info very interesting, iam asking because im trying to get my youtube approved for monetization but some of my videos are not family friendly so i was gonna make the videos that are not good private

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think that the algorithm or whatever the Youtube checking system is recognise nudity or whatever might be offensive or out of order. I had a problem trying to upload an Orthodox christening, video was deleted (or hold, I don,t know) for nudity as long as children are baptised naked. Since then i permanently have a suggestion in Studio legacy for minors. I didn,t worry as long this was a ceremony and the video had nothing to do with child abuse or anything. BUT. I do not know if there is a permanent record over Youtube in Google, combining user data, browsing history etc. Etc. or if the unlisted or private files flagged are forwarded to the authorities or whatever. As they say. Whatever you upload, instantly is out of your control. A person can understand if you explain. A bot? Not.

Reactions: markkaz

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
what kind of private videos are you making?.. come on.. fess up ;)

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube's systems scan all videos, public or private. I'm sure selected personnel can view them too especially if they get flagged for some reason by the scanning systems.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Somewhere, (I have no idea where I heard this, so it might be bad info...) I heard that select YouTube personnel can somehow view private videos, and even deleted videos. :eek: I tried to find the source as to where I heard this, and I can't find it.....so take it with a big grain of salt. :/ But it would make some sense since I have heard of people getting a strike from a video after they had deleted it. :eek:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
l send you link in pm if u wanna watch
Better correct your link in your signature so that we all can visit your channel!
:p

I cannot c/p link, just search yttalk how to correct your channel,s link.

:)

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Employees can't look, but the algorithm scans everything, public or private. If it finds anything, whether it's public or not, you will get dinged for it. If it exists on their servers at all, they scan it.