Can you use company logos etc.. on your videos or thumbnails?

Roasted poo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I wanted to use the Mcdonald's and Burger King's Logo on the background to replace a green screen. Can i do it? Or even put it in my thumbnail?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I´m sure sure about the rules but it is seen a lot that´s for sure:)

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So long as there is a clear distinction that you are not affiliated with either, you should be ok... should being the key word. Companies have flagged for less.

I'd be curious on why you would want to use either in your video/ thumbnails.

Reactions: Roasted poo

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
In the video, I wouldn't recommend it. It could come off as a sponsorship or an endorsement, and big companies don't like that. Especially if you're putting it up on the green-screen. But for your thumbnail, you should be fine. And it's safer you do it in the thumbnail, rather than the video, because you can always change the thumbnail.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on what you're using it for. If you're reviewing or criticizing or otherwise making content about McDonalds, then sure, you can use their logo under fair use. You can't, or at least shouldn't use it as clickbait if you're not working under fair use provisions though.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If it's within context of what you are talking about or showing then I'm sure it'll be okay for a thumbnail. Especially if it's a review or for criticism then I think you're fine. Just make sure you're video falls under "Fair Use." As @Cephus as said before me. I agree completely.

Not sure what the rights are if say you are sponsored by "McDonalds" or some other company and then use said logo in thumbnail. But just be careful and you'll be just fine. =]

Roasted poo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It's just a silly fail video that we were supposed to review Mcdonald's and Burger King but two of us started eating the entire thing before we could record lol. Then there's the blame game.

And thanks for the info.

Wakanda

Reaction score
I wanted to use the Mcdonald's and Burger King's Logo on the background to replace a green screen. Can i do it? Or even put it in my thumbnail?
Great question. I'm learning

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can use a company logo on your thumbnails and in your videos I have never heard of any video being taken down or gotten into any trouble from using a company logo in a thumbnail or being in a video so chances are yes but I'm not exactly sure I might be 100% wrong year but if you have a big company whose logo you want to use to really Ensure they are not going to get in any trouble I would suggest you go to Google go to advanced search go to filters and select free to use commercially and even modify that will give you a list of public domain pictures that you are 100% free to use[DOUBLEPOST=1524765024,1524765005][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can use a company logo on your thumbnails and in your videos I have never heard of any video being taken down or gotten into any trouble from using a company logo in a thumbnail or being in a video so chances are yes but I'm not exactly sure I might be 100% wrong year but if you have a big company whose logo you want to use to really Ensure they are not going to get in any trouble I would suggest you go to Google go to advanced search go to filters and select free to use commercially and even modify that will give you a list of public domain pictures that you are 100% free to use