Can you please review my first-ish video!

What do you think?

• Loved it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be better...

• Hated it!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just uploaded my first video. Because I don't currently have an intro, I just had some opening music playing in the background for the first 30 seconds of the video. If you hate it, you hate it. Tell the truth!

Reactions: videoeditgr

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another Fortnite Youtuber? Well let me be honest with your videos. Intro too long, could cut it to just 10 seconds. Viewer don't need to see the lobby area, just get straight to the game play. Are you planning to do a voice over or face cam by any chance ? Because just a play through of Fortnite videos doesn't work out unless it a highlight videos. Shorten out the videos, make some highlights, intro music shouldn't be mix together with game music, it just make it noisy. That what I can advise you.

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another Fortnite Youtuber? Well let me be honest with your videos. Intro too long, could cut it to just 10 seconds. Viewer don't need to see the lobby area, just get straight to the game play. Are you planning to do a voice over or face cam by any chance ? Because just a play through of Fortnite videos doesn't work out unless it a highlight videos. Shorten out the videos, make some highlights, intro music shouldn't be mix together with game music, it just make it noisy. That what I can advise you.
OK, I understand. But i'm not only going to play Fortnite, possibly Minecraft & Roblox. And other games...[DOUBLEPOST=1539807040,1539806241][/DOUBLEPOST]
So do you hate it, or are you telling me what I should do next time?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OK, I understand. But i'm not only going to play Fortnite, possibly Minecraft & Roblox. And other games...[DOUBLEPOST=1539807040,1539806241][/DOUBLEPOST]

So do you hate it, or are you telling me what I should do next time?
I don't mind people make Fortnite videos but if their channel is centered around that then I don't see it grow as much. Think about it, the game is over saturated and there is like hundred thousands of You tuber making Fortnite videos daily and monthly. Of course you gonna have a hard time growing because there is too much competition when it comes to that game. The only way you can make it big is by making click-bait videos just like Ali-A if you know about his scummy tactics but I wouldn't advise so since it generate a lot of haters.

Try explore other games too. Minecraft or Roblox is fine I would say. Find some game that is popular but not over saturated.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I wouldn't say 'I hate the video' - this is just a process of you becoming better. :D
I would say however that you need to include your voice, at the least, and face, at most. If you have issues with your voice (like everyone else), trust me, it's no biggie. If someone told me that I'd be making Youtube videos 2 years ago, I would have laughed for hours. The joke's on me!
There are very, very few exceptions to this rule but - people don't come to YouTube to read.
Also, train your audience from the get go that you plan to branch into other games. Otherwise, you might end up with a bunch of Fortnite fans that will ruin your channel once Fortnite dies out or you get bored of the game.

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wouldn't say 'I hate the video' - this is just a process of you becoming better. :D
I would say however that you need to include your voice, at the least, and face, at most. If you have issues with your voice (like everyone else), trust me, it's no biggie. If someone told me that I'd be making Youtube videos 2 years ago, I would have laughed for hours. The joke's on me!
There are very, very few exceptions to this rule but - people don't come to YouTube to read.
Also, train your audience from the get go that you plan to branch into other games. Otherwise, you might end up with a bunch of Fortnite fans that will ruin your channel once Fortnite dies out or you get bored of the game.
I'll use my voice sometime in the near future, but i'm just trying to see how I can grow audience with only words, even if its only 1 sub, I guess I wasn't born for commentary. And i'm worried that my voice sounds like i'm 10 yrs old. When really, i'm three years ahead. (When ever my voice is recorded, I really do sound like a 10 yr old.)

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Okay hey. So I watched this. I didn’t like it. The first 5 minutes is just boring intro/waiting stuff. People don’t want to watch that. Also you NEED to commentate during videos like these or you’ll be at risk for copyright strikes (just video gameplay is not allowed on YouTube, you need voice commentary along with it) also it would make it so much more enjoyable. Just this, what you have, is awfully boring man. People don’t watch Fortnite videos to watch just anybody play Fortnite. People watch Fortnite videos to watch a person, with a personality they like/connect with, play Fortnite. If you don’t do commentary there’s no reason for someone to stick with your channel and watch your videos

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What Boki said "this is just a process of you becoming better"

No idea on Fortnite, I actually dislike the game because kids are driven crazy...

But. You should have add some info (About tab), maybe highlight another channel or niche (Subscriptions tab), for sure make your first playlist (Playlist tab).

...then you will might have the luck to advance from 0 subscribers and get to my level (...of 1 subscriber! hahaehahahaha!)...

Just enrich your channel, if someone is interested in your clip, guess, he/she will check your channel. Seems quite empty though...

:)