can you join amazon associates programme (affiliates) with just a youtube page?

sooty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all, I'm making a new youtbube channel and a bit confused in what order to get things done. I intend to do product reviews. So far I have made channel art and logo and signed up for adsense. Hoping I can pick your brains. Its taking forever trying to learn everything from scratch so hoping someone can fire a few quick answers at me to the following.. really appreciate it. :

1. I need to know can if I join amazon associates programme (affiliates) with just a youtube channel? On the 2nd page of the affiliates application process it asks to list my websites i intend to promote amazon stuff on. I'm not going to complete the application yet anyway as my channel does not appear as I have not uploaded x3 videos yet.

2. Also, should I wait until i am able to apply for a youtube custom url? or will the ordinary longer page url be ok.

3. If i get a youtube custom url in future (which i don't qualify for yet will my amazon affiliates account not recognise traffic from my new url?

4. I have learnt that i cannot put links to amazon products on my videos anyway until my youtube account is approved for monitorize. When approved can I just go back to my original video that would have been uploaded weeks/months earlier and the add amazon links afterwards?

apologies for the noob questions.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have no experience with Amazon, so I can't aswer this very well, but I have the feeling you need to hold your horses a bit. You don't have your channel URL set up, so I can't look at your channel, but I have the feeling you don't have many subscribers yet. Qualifying for a custom URL and enabling the monetization will take A LOT of time and effort! I have no idea how the amazon affiliation works (and why you need it), but I would focus on building your channel first and worry about getting paid later.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
1. I need to know can if I join amazon associates programme (affiliates) with just a youtube channel? On the 2nd page of the affiliates application process it asks to list my websites i intend to promote amazon stuff on. I'm not going to complete the application yet anyway as my channel does not appear as I have not uploaded x3 videos yet.

2. Also, should I wait until i am able to apply for a youtube custom url? or will the ordinary longer page url be ok.

3. If i get a youtube custom url in future (which i don't qualify for yet will my amazon affiliates account not recognise traffic from my new url?

4. I have learnt that i cannot put links to amazon products on my videos anyway until my youtube account is approved for monitorize. When approved can I just go back to my original video that would have been uploaded weeks/months earlier and the add amazon links afterwards?
I'm an Amazon affiliate so let my try to answer the best I can.
1. Yes you can be an Amazon affiliate with just a youtube channel. No I don't think it matters that you don't have a customs URL. Not sure whether they accept very small youtubers though.
2. Answered that one in the first question, didn't I?
3. I don't think you loose your old URL. You just get an additional customs URL so it will be fine. Also, as far as I remember you can apply for a change of URL any time.
4. Never heard that you can only put affiliate links when your channel is approved for monetization. But no idea since that was never a question for me. You can add your affiliate links any time. I always create a comment with a short message and the link in it and pin it to the top. Just check my videos to see it.

Reactions: sooty

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yes you can, but they will "close your shop" if you don't sell stuff/get sales from your links. pretty simple to get it back though, it's just so they don't have inactive accounts, you just have to refresh the account basically.

Reactions: sooty

sooty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thank you very much for all replies :thumbsup2:

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have attempted it with 4.7K subscribers and my channel wasn't good enough. So, I bet they have a cutoff at 10K subscribers.

Dziugas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Someone tried creating US Affiliate Amazon program? I live in Lithuania and I tried to enter my lithuanian number but they didn't accept it, something about "we are forbidden to register this number" I wrote to support but they didn't replied lol

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Someone tried creating US Affiliate Amazon program? I live in Lithuania and I tried to enter my lithuanian number but they didn't accept it, something about "we are forbidden to register this number" I wrote to support but they didn't replied lol
When was that? I remember that I tried a year ago and failed to apply cause I dind't have an US phone number. But in march this year I applied without US phone number.

Reactions: O D F

Dziugas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When was that? I remember that I tried a year ago and failed to apply cause I dind't have an US phone number. But in march this year I applied without US phone number.
How did u do that? I've tried like a month ago lol

DeanDK

Reaction score
Hi,

I had applied and sold a few items. Then my affiliate account was cancelled, in an email that made no sense as to why. I sent an email asking the exact reason and the reply I got was my sub count was too low, around 300 at the time, and he said to reapply closer to 1000.

I applied at 1000 and got approved. They actually sent me a cheque for the money I had made before they closed my account the first time.

That was around mid this year.