Can you help me with my new video not sure what i've done wrong

TheMaestro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So i posted a video 5 hours ago and it's got 1 view my other videos atleast at like 4/5 no body is finding it or if they're is the thumbnail putting them off or is my seo all off and need to change that up any and all feed back is welcomed thanks in adv (sonic mania video btw)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
There a so many factors that could cause this. I think one big thing might be upload time. When does your audience use Youtube? Try to look up the demographics (you can find them in the analytics section in the creator studio) and also compare when you uploaded your other videos.

TheMaestro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I uploaded at 6am GMT for this video but i uploaded a video at 8am and it got 25 views would it be that much of a difference for 2 hours of time and most views are around 3-4pm or 8-9am but there are 1 every few hours randomly would this make that big of a difference than usual

Ranabee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Do you have any tags on it ? Tags are very important . I remember when I started my first channel 2 years ago no one found my videos for days,sometimes even weeks because I didn't have tags

TheMaestro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
my tags are full but none are ranking at all and that's strange i usually have maybe 2/3 or even 4 rank but this video just can't get any i've tried changing them up just having no luck not sure how to improve it

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I searched "Sonic Mania Glitches" and filtered to just today's results and got 6 pages of results. So you're basically competing with a ton of other videos that are covering the exact same subject, and you're a small, new channel that doesn't have a reputation or a lot of other videos for the system to compare your channel and content with other channels that may be more established and have proven that people watch with a decent watch time and good engagement. Gaming channels seem to have a tough time in this regard...if you're not the very first channel to upload on any given game or subject or you don't already have a large audience, you're going to have a tough time rising to the top.

My advice is to find things that people are searching on and have a unique way of approaching them. Get some unique search terms or do a different spin on the subject, otherwise you'll be looking like all the other videos that cover the same territory.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You need to promote your video on some other platforms as well. I found Reddit the best for getting some views in the start. As soon as you post new video go to some social platforms and promote it - Twitter, Fb, Reddit, Instagram, and others. That will give you some views and then your tags will rank better. The last video I posted on my channel was about Smoot Q gimbal and there is already a ton of videos on that gimbal so my tags were not rating at all, just like yours now, but I used Reddit and other platforms to promote it and now that video is over 700 views, and now some of the tags are in 4th place so I replaced even some videos with 200k views with these specific tags!

TheMaestro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do share it on twitter i've never used reddit before how would i go about sharing my video any particular subreddits etc?

H2OWarhawk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
okay so the issue at hand which you stated is your concern for the views on the specific vid. what others have already mentioned is the time that the vid was uploaded. you stated it was some time in the early morning. now what worked for me on when i uploaded and got better views was aiming toward the afternoon. when i wake up in the morning, the last thing i do is jump on youtube lol specially if i have to go to work. but when i come home from work, about 3 in the afternoon, i jump on to youtube right after facebook.

Also with your content, i checked to see what your main focus was for your channel and your target audience. i see you are hardballing a "lets play" route but you are flying around on multiple games. also you are running a football fantasy thing, along with a Rant on Soccer/football player. with the amount of subs you are rocking, you dont have an established target audience. a Target audience grows from one thing, and not many. these grow your views and sub count. with you focusing on multiple things, you wont be able to collect a specific audience because if you post vids of one thing, the other audience you are entertaining might not like what you posted for the other audience and will unsub. you dont want this. Narrow your channel down to one kind of video, grow that audience, then ask the audience what another good game to branch to then grow from both. a Channel is like a tree, it takes time to grow branches. you just have to continue watering it with the same water before you can add minerals to it.

Edit: As for Reddit, be mighty careful there. specially if you have a "personal opinion" Vid, reddit is notorious for trolls who have an opposite opinion!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMaestro