Can you get terminated for copyright claims?

dadada

Reaction score
Can you also get terminated for copyright claims? Or just copyright strikes?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Strikes will destroy your channels, while the claims just steals your money!

Reactions: Devin

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Strikes will destroy your channels, while the claims just steals your money!
Not quite sure how a claim steals money when a channel is posting their video without permission. It's more like they're taking back (often at a discount) the money the deserve.

Reactions: just Moto

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not quite sure how a claim steals money when a channel is posting their video without permission. It's more like they're taking back (often at a discount) the money the deserve.
This is a touchy subject especially among gaming channels. I would love to split revenue with game companies but i'd like some too since i worked on making the gameplay look good and thumbnails, editing.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
This is a touchy subject especially among gaming channels. I would love to split revenue with game companies but i'd like some too since i worked on making the gameplay look good and thumbnails, editing.
There are plenty of gaming companies who have no problem with 'Let's Play' videos. If it's a touchy subject, stick with their releases and there are no issues.

As with everything else, need it be games, films, tv shows, or music, you either have the proper permissions needed to use the footage. If you don't, you have to be prepared for either a copyright strike or, at the very least, a claim.

Reactions: Devin

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are plenty of gaming companies who have no problem with 'Let's Play' videos. If it's a touchy subject, stick with their releases and there are no issues.

As with everything else, need it be games, films, tv shows, or music, you either have the proper permissions needed to use the footage. If you don't, you have to be prepared for either a copyright strike or, at the very least, a claim.
Indeed the reason why i said it's a touchy subject is because most gamers and let's players hate Nintendo because they claim videos. I personally have no issues with Nintendo with their claims since they do acknowledge let's plays and don't take them down that being said they do allow montizeation (under the Nintendo creators program). Nintendo is a "Japanese company" they have different copyright laws etc. I just would people would be more understanding with copyright law.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler