Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Can You Get More Than 1 Copyright Strike From One Video?

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Georien, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Georien
    Cash:
    $10
    Let's say I were to upload a video with 2 copyrighted songs from the same artist and in the report form, they report that I was using both songs without their approval?

My question is, would that lead to only 1 copyright strike, or 2?

My guess is it would only be one copyright strike since only one video is being reported on, but I'm just wondering

2. Idec Sdawkminn
    Horror Versions
    Cash:
    $63
    One.

I currently have 2 videos down but I only have 1 strike because it was by the same company and they took both videos down with the same DMCA takedown, so it only counted as one strike.

3. subversiveasset
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $445
    I'd also say 1, but for a different reason than @Idec Sdawkminn .

So, whenever a copyright holder submits a batch of takedown notices in one go, then that counts as 1 strike. (That's Idec's situation). They could have decided to submit one takedown for the first video, and then a second for the second video, and that would have been 2 copyright strikes.

But your question is different: it's asking for two different infringements on 1 video. In this case, there's no way for the copyright owner to submit 1 takedown notice and then afterward submit a 2nd takedown notice on the same video, because the way YouTube processes takedown notices, the video goes down after the first notice is sent -- thus, the video is not available for any second notice to be processed.

Idec Sdawkminn likes this.