Can you ease my worries?

MenteeMatt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a New creator starting up in the world of YouTube!! Nice to meet you all... I hope you can ease my worries ...

I've been watching a heap of videos about starting a channel. And many of them recommend building a community by commenting on other people's videos in a non-spammy way.. Thats what I've been doing. I'll spend 30 mins a day commenting on other videos in my niche, never promoting my channel or videos, but by adding to the conversation sensibly...I've been gaining 5-6 new subs per day by doing this.

However today I did my usual 30 minute shint of commenting and gained no new subs, I got really suspicious when I had no notifications telling me that anyone had replied to my comments and much fewer views than normal.

I had a go commenting on an old dormant channel of mine from 2007 and the comment didn't show. It is there in potential spam.

Why did this happen? I have never added links to my comments, nor copy pasted comments.

My biggest concern is that I will be logged as a spam account forever.... WILL I?!

Please let me know and I hope ease my worries that I have some how ruined everything.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Dont worry your ok Youtube does that to some of my newer subs even though I put that anyone can comment. Watch out with using all caps too many emojjis, other than that they'll catch it on their anayltics

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do the same thing. Maybe hold off a while. Do you have any videos uploaded?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Perhaps some same niche channels put you in spam folder?
Just a wild guess.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
wow 5-6 per day just from comments. Thats pretty good! Is each comment unique to the video channel you're on? Or same kinda copy/paste? what works best for you if you don't mind sharing your success.