Can you collab with someone not in person?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I met someone who lives on the other side of the country from me and we have similar channels and want to collab with each other. Neither of us plan on visiting the other state anytime soon. Is there anyway for us to collab not in person? Have you ever done a collab with someone not in person?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I have done it a lot with people from all over the world. But I guess it depends on what kind of videos you make

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
I did a collab with an American engineering channel. I live in Europe and i 3D modeled something and the other channel used that 3D model in his video. So it's definitely possible, depending on what sort of content you want to upload.

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Well, maybe this is what's good/bad with new technologies nowadays. Persons interact with eachother often...virtually.
Anyway, I think it depends on what you would like to achieve, some kind of collaboration can be done remotely like streaming...

Jimmy21

Reaction score
It depends on what kind of content you are doing but there is pretty much ALWAYS a way to collaborate.

A gaming channel could both play the game together and provide commentary

A vlog could Skype together or mail each other products

Samari carpenter made a box and mailed it to alec steele (a blacksmith). Alec made hinges. Then he made a chisel and mailed it to samari carpenter and he made a handle for it.

An interview channel could have someone on skype.

A fishing channel i watch gets lures mailed to him from another channel and they have contests on who can catch more fish on crappy lures