Can uploading more often get more audience attention?

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As others have said, having a frequent, consistent upload schedule can help you grow faster.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the past I had no schedule and my channel just didnt really go anywhere but so far this year I have uploaded a video every 2 days and really stuck to it. I feel my numbers have increased for doing so. For March I am upping my game further and going daily. I also upped my videos from 9 mins to 10 min to grab an extra advert in the middle and at the end. Whats even better is that I have 2 weeks worth of vids uploaded and scheduled ready for daily releases.

BeccyBells

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let's be real now. Uploading often won't give your videos more attention - it will only give you more lifetime views, so it's good of course, but it won't really make more people find you.

However, youtubers like PewDiePie and Kyutie that upload several times per day seem to grow quicker than youtubers that upload once or twice a week, so there might be something there... I'd say, if you have enough ideas and time to upload once a day or twice a day (not more than three times, that's a little excessive), then why not do it? But I think this works better for reaction and gaming channels, beauty channels should stick to once or twice a week.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I say desperate I mean uploading 2-3 times a day every week read the bottom

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely! I think YouTube cares more for those small channels who upload often than others. It puts a lot of pressure on the YouTuber though. However, if you can manage that, then definitely upload frequently

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Again like what others said, its entirely up to you how frequently you upload. Just don't do it when your not able to or can't produce high end quality. The main point is that the video needs to look and sound great. So make that your priority if your going to make this a huge thing. You will notice the audience improve and grow faster by being frequent since people will know you are going to upload and so they will come to see you but don't let them down by throwing out puke content :)

Reactions: Kristeen

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As @GucciCarry and @StraightUpIrish have mentioned, only do it if you're able to maintain some sort of quality to it. The rationale of "I should do this because a lot of the other bigger YouTubers are doing it too and are getting great results" shouldn't always be used as a benchmark for what you should do on your channel. At the end of the day, all of us are different people with different skill levels and resources available, so there are things applicable to their audience/situation that may not be applicable to yours.

There are many different ways to grow a channel but one thing's for sure, you need to be providing value to your audience. That's what you should be prioritizing above anything else when making any sort of decision for your content strategy.

Reactions: StraightUpIrish