Can ugly people be successful on a visual platform?

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Charisma, body language and confidence is just as important. Being attractive helps, but that is partially not in your control. Play the hand you were dealt and work with the variables you can affect yourself.

Kevin hummel

GameCrafter117
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
As long as you dont look like a bum, matted hair, nasty clothes, etc, unless you're trying to create that persona, you'll do great! Attractiveness by itself only produces shallow content, looking professional helps, but it's what you bring to YouTube that counts.

Shayde

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's very rare if somebody goes to watch youtube videos looking for 'good looking' people. They go for content 99% of the time.

Interesting question though!

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I forgot that I posted in this forum before, and I saw it in the recently used forums, and I was literally going to come and give the exact same answer....big laughs

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I'm ugly, people still watch me :)

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
yep I actually think they have more of an advantage because that is whats not fake and pressured in today's world. So I personally think women are looking for that kind of role model. tbh I hate it when these gorgeous women have all these subs just bc of their looks. Prefer an average, yet full of life and funny with personality over these fake doll like figures. dont let that stop you

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
if you feel ugly yourself, you actually fail. let looking up your strength and feel excited about it.
when you think your are, you actually are..