Can someone help with this Youtube Seo tip please?

Scoopd

I saw a video on youtube recently that offered really useful seo tip but can't find it at all now!

Let's say basketball is my keyword, this video showed how I could search for terms before the keyword instead of the usual after.It could offer great basketball tips" or things about basketball .

I know it's not just putting in A or B before the keyword and seeing what the toolbar comes up with but something else.

I found the Youtube video really useful but I cannot remember the term the search video used so that I can try the technique myself-Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I saw a video on youtube recently that offered really useful seo tip but can't find it at all now!

Let's say basketball is my keyword, this video showed how I could search for terms before the keyword instead of the usual after.It could offer great basketball tips" or things about basketball .

I know it's not just putting in A or B before the keyword and seeing what the toolbar comes up with but something else.

I found the Youtube video really useful but I cannot remember the term the search video used so that I can try the technique myself-Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Did you look in your recently watched videos?

When doing keyword research on YouTube, you want to try to find keywords that will drive traffic to your video. The best place to look for keywords is on YouTube, but you should also use more traditional keyword research tools (like Google Search Console, SEMrush, SEOProfiler, Moz or others.)
YouTube allows you to include “tags” to help categorize your video by keyword, but it limits the number of tags you can include. You’ll want to look for multiword tags (i.e., long-tail keywords) that specifically relate to your video’s topic. You should also use single-word tags and broad-term tags that relate to your video’s broader topic. (Note: Do not use trademarks or copyrighted material in your metadata unless you have explicit permission from the owner to use it.)
YouTube is effective at semantically understanding your tags. So here’s an example of some tags for a video about “how to ask a boy out on a date”:

Multiple-word tags
  • How to ask a boy out on a date
  • What to say when you ask a boy out on a date
  • How to ask a boy you like out on a date
  • Asking out a boy you like
Single-word tags:
  • How
  • What
  • Ask
  • Boy
  • You
  • Date
Broad-term tags:

• Dating
  • Dates
  • Flirting
  • Meet boys
  • Meeting boys
  • Talk to boys
One great way to get tag ideas is to look at the top-ranking YouTube videos that directly compete with your video. However, YouTube hides the video tags, which makes it more difficult to “spy” on your competitors and see their keyword/tag secret sauce.

Luckily, there are tools that allow you to get lots of insights into what your competitors are doing — including letting you see the tags competitors are using to get their videos to rank high.

Two of these video software tools are vidIQ and TubeBuddy. Both programs have a free version and several paid versions, depending on your company’s needs. There are pros and cons to each — so if you can afford it, I’d recommend you use them both.

Ok, God Bless You

When doing keyword research on YouTube, you want to try to find keywords that will drive traffic to your video. The best place to look for keywords is on YouTube, but you should also use more traditional keyword research tools (like Google Search Console, SEMrush, SEOProfiler, Moz or others.)
YouTube allows you to include “tags” to help categorize your video by keyword, but it limits the number of tags you can include. You’ll want to look for multiword tags (i.e., long-tail keywords) that specifically relate to your video’s topic. You should also use single-word tags and broad-term tags that relate to your video’s broader topic. (Note: Do not use trademarks or copyrighted material in your metadata unless you have explicit permission from the owner to use it.)
YouTube is effective at semantically understanding your tags. So here’s an example of some tags for a video about “how to ask a boy out on a date”:

Multiple-word tags
Single-word tags:
  • How
  • What
  • Ask
  • Boy
  • You
  • Date
Broad-term tags:

• Dating
  • Dates
  • Flirting
  • Meet boys
  • Meeting boys
  • Talk to boys
One great way to get tag ideas is to look at the top-ranking YouTube videos that directly compete with your video. However, YouTube hides the video tags, which makes it more difficult to “spy” on your competitors and see their keyword/tag secret sauce.

Luckily, there are tools that allow you to get lots of insights into what your competitors are doing — including letting you see the tags competitors are using to get their videos to rank high.

Two of these video software tools are vidIQ and TubeBuddy. Both programs have a free version and several paid versions, depending on your company’s needs. There are pros and cons to each — so if you can afford it, I’d recommend you use them both.

Ok, God Bless You
Thank you so much for this information I'm gonna use this

Multiple-word tags
Single-word tags:
  • How
  • What
  • Ask
  • Boy
  • You
  • Date
Broad-term tags:

• Dating
  • Dates
  • Flirting
  • Meet boys
  • Meeting boys
  • Talk to boys

Ok, God Bless You

Thanks for that. So if "date" was your keyword does moz sor semrush show you the phrases ahead of the keyword too like how to ask a boy out on a DATE or what to wear on a DATE?
So far all I have found are keword phrases after the word not before.

Back