Can someone give me some feedback/review my channel please?

ApexGamer001

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey,

I just really wanted a couple of outside opinions on my channel and the content on it. Seeing as I only have 7 subscribers, I don't necessarily get much in the comments on my videos. I do gaming videos, of all types of games, and I have around 70+ videos on my channel at the moment. To be fair, I just like doing this for fun, as you can tell by the amount of videos I upload to the amount of people that actually watch them.

Also, whilst I'm here, I might as well put my name out there for any possible collabs people might want to do. I have a few games that should be good for multiplayer (Minecraft, Smite, LOL, TF2 etc.) If your interested, send me a personal message.

Thanks fellow YouTubers, I look forward to your feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ApexGamer001

Glup

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, I had a look at your channel, and the first I saw was awesome. A well structured channel page, decent thumbnails (though I'd try to use numbers and easier-to-read fonts), a good banner and avatar/logo.
The intro I saw (Kentucky Route Zero, Ep4) Was pretty nice, though extremely long. You should consider making a much shorter one, 3-5 seconds max.
Further into the video I notice you are very quiet, and have tons of dead air, where there is nothing. no game-sound (don't know if that's because the game is quiet), and you sound very monotone. Your voice easily changes into becoming white noise, and I fail to focus. You lack enthusiasm, and depth of tone, though this should come with more practice.
You should also consider spending more time editing, cutting away more unnecessary video. Spending nearly 2 minutes talking about a wasp, while getting nothing done isn't very good. Sorry.

Then comes the outro, which is in the same style as the intro, which is very nice, though a tad bit long. (Not important to keep outro's short though)

Overall, my thoughts on your channel is that you have very good work behind the channel itself, such as banners, logo's thumbnails (though these need some work), intro's and outro's. However, the content isn't really there. Your voice gets white-noised very easily, and is very silent and monotone, which makes it hard to pay attention. It also doesn't cut out non-important stuff, which makes me want to skip forward in the video, but not knowing how far makes this too, an annoying thing for the viewer.

And that is all I could say about your channel and content.
I'd be very pleased if you in return would give me some feedback on my channel too, as a thanks for spending my time reviewing your channel.

ApexGamer001

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, thanks for the reply Gulp, at one point I didn't think I was going to get anything, let alone a full on review! It would only be right then to accept your proposition and review your channel too.

First impressions of your channel are pretty cool. Your banner and icon/thumbnail picture makes everything stand out and makes you want to look further into your content.

I especially like the thumbnails on your videos (Luigi's Mansion and Portal are my favourite). They're really colourful, clear and a bit amusing to.

I watched the main video you had posted up (Luigi's Mansion - Episode 1: The Weird Professor) and here are my impressions...

1. I thought the intro was interesting. The music was nice, but it was a little bit long (coming from me right!). I felt that you could have put everything into one bit and just add some fades and FX. It was a bit basic too, not nothing too complicated, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

2. I felt that the game volume was a bit too loud compared to your voice. You sometimes got drowned out by some of the game music. It didn't help too that you were playing Luigi's Mansion, which is filled with loads of random and loud sounds.

Back to your channel layout, I found your playlist layout is quite confusing. There isn't really any structure, it kind of hops from lots of different things (gameplay videos to popular videos and back to gameplay). I think if you buck your gameplay stuff together, it might look more professional.

Lastly, just to make your channel uniform and a bit more refined, it would be great on an aesthetic aspect if you could make thumbnails for all your videos (or at least the ones on your main page), like your Minecraft videos didn't have anything.

Once again, thanks for the review of my channel. I'll definitely take the comments away and work on them.

Glup

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, thanks for the reply Gulp, at one point I didn't think I was going to get anything, let alone a full on review! It would only be right then to accept your proposition and review your channel too.
Thank you ^_^ Though my Nick is not Gulp. you're among the hundreds of people who got it wrong though. just reread, its not that hard of a nickname :p

1. I thought the intro was interesting. The music was nice, but it was a little bit long (coming from me right!). I felt that you could have put everything into one bit and just add some fades and FX. It was a bit basic too, not nothing too complicated, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I completely agree, which is why I've changed my intro since then. twice actually. If you take a look at my latest video, you'll see what I'm going for nowadays.

2. I felt that the game volume was a bit too loud compared to your voice. You sometimes got drowned out by some of the game music. It didn't help too that you were playing Luigi's Mansion, which is filled with loads of random and loud sounds.
This should also have been fixed already :) Though thanks for the input ^_^

Back to your channel layout, I found your playlist layout is quite confusing. There isn't really any structure, it kind of hops from lots of different things (gameplay videos to popular videos and back to gameplay). I think if you buck your gameplay stuff together, it might look more professional.
I'll be working on this today, as I definitely see your point. ^_^

Lastly, just to make your channel uniform and a bit more refined, it would be great on an aesthetic aspect if you could make thumbnails for all your videos (or at least the ones on your main page), like your Minecraft videos didn't have anything.
And again, I'll be working on this today, making as many thumbnails as possible, for the sake of cleaning up my channel layout.

Thanks a lot for actually going over to my channel and having a good look :) much appreciated ^_^