Can MACs Get Viruses

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Commentator, Reviewer
Most people buy a Mac because they supposedly don't get viruses...well, I address that issue today. Enjoy

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm watching as we speak:
Another reason Mac has many less viruses is the market share, if you're a virus coder you'd most probably want to make a virus that would be able to infect 90% of people instead of whatever market share Macs have. It's not just that Windows is easier to hack (it is) because there are some incredibly smart people out there who do viruses, you can bet they'd somehow manage.. I'd still advise getting an antivirus on Macs, Sophos is free ^n^

Good video though, keep it up :D

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm watching as we speak:
Another reason Mac has many less viruses is the market share, if you're a virus coder you'd most probably want to make a virus that would be able to infect 90% of people instead of whatever market share Macs have. It's not just that Windows is easier to hack (it is) because there are some incredibly smart people out there who do viruses, you can bet they'd somehow manage.. I'd still advise getting an antivirus on Macs, Sophos is free ^n^

Good video though, keep it up :D
Haha yeah, I hit that point in the video. Most viruses are native too Windows specifically because Windows PCs and Desktops generally take up larger shares in the consumer electronics market. And Sophos is a great AV to use, but if I'm not mistaken, Gatekeeper is sort of an AV that comes pre installed with any OS X 10.8+ Macbooks and Macs.

Thanks for watching and commenting, it's much appreciated! lol, now I just have to get my gaming setup video recorded and edited.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haha yeah, I hit that point in the video. Most viruses are native too Windows specifically because Windows PCs and Desktops generally take up larger shares in the consumer electronics market. And Sophos is a great AV to use, but if I'm not mistaken, Gatekeeper is sort of an AV that comes pre installed with any OS X 10.8+ Macbooks and Macs.

Thanks for watching and commenting, it's much appreciated! lol, now I just have to get my gaming setup video recorded and edited.
Yea as I said I was writing this whilst watching hehe :p. Yea I heard about Gatekeeper, not too sure how good it is though...and yay!

Reactions: OzTalksHw

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Yea as I said I was writing this whilst watching hehe :p. Yea I heard about Gatekeeper, not too sure how good it is though...and yay!
Yeah, I may try it out :3 and yeah Im excited as well haha

Reactions: Styxie