Can I use videogame soundtrack in my videos?

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hang on , music in gameplay is different though. If I were part of an MCN I'd be asking to see in writing that they have a binding contract which would exempt them from any copyright responsibilities. Which I highly doubt they do, that goes back to the old myths that MCNs protected you from copyright strikes on games. I know MCNs have their own libraries of music to use in videos, but using it from a game that has 3rd party music is different, 3rd party music requires royalties to be paid by the developers/publishers. It's why Rockstar had issues with San Andreas in the past, music literally had to be patched out of the game cause their license ran out, eventually it was fixed. From what I'm aware of, a developer/publisher can't legally pass this license onto an MCN nor a content creator.
I'm not saying they protect your from copyright strikes, I simply said they could have contracts with companies that allow you to use the video & Music some don't some you might have to contact the creators of the game and ask for written permission to use their material.

Ericbarker306

Reaction score
It is still copyright infringement.
If your videos are simply gameplay + music, the channel is unlikely to get monetization approved because there is not enough original content.