Can I use this music? (Tip)

JTMulcahy

Actor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Animator
I'm always seeing people asking "How do I know what music I can use, can I use (insert copyrighted song)?" and then I see the usual brigade of people scolding that "YOU CAN'T USE COPYRIGHTED MUSIC OR YOUTUBE WILL GIVE YOU A STRIKE!" and then they'll respond with "Well I saw a video that allowed copyrighted music, how come they can do it?"

So here it is, the answer...

If you click on "Creator Studio" on YouTube and then go down to "Create" you'll be taken to the "Audio Library." From here you'll see it says "Ad supported music." It gives you a list of a bunch of copyrighted songs and how YouTube/the artist will react to you using this song in your video.

Now keep in mind that some of these may change, but for the most part all that will happen is that you receive an ad on the video the song is in, or it won't play in certain countries. Hopefully this helps some of you.

Reactions: Furry Gurus

Sander Noordhuis

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm always seeing people asking "How do I know what music I can use, can I use (insert copyrighted song)?" and then I see the usual brigade of people scolding that "YOU CAN'T USE COPYRIGHTED MUSIC OR YOUTUBE WILL GIVE YOU A STRIKE!" and then they'll respond with "Well I saw a video that allowed copyrighted music, how come they can do it?"

So here it is, the answer...

If you click on "Creator Studio" on YouTube and then go down to "Create" you'll be taken to the "Audio Library." From here you'll see it says "Ad supported music." It gives you a list of a bunch of copyrighted songs and how YouTube/the artist will react to you using this song in your video.

Now keep in mind that some of these may change, but for the most part all that will happen is that you receive an ad on the video the song is in, or it won't play in certain countries. Hopefully this helps some of you.
I don't do gaming video's or videos that I need music in but these tips are really helpful thanks for sharing!
I really like your content btw great channel!

JTMulcahy

Actor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Animator
I don't do gaming video's or videos that I need music in but these tips are really helpful thanks for sharing!
I really like your content btw great channel!
Thanks man! I knew a bunch of people were wondering this, so hopefully somebody finds it helpful lol.

I just listened to your songs, they're very well done, can't wait to hear more!

Sander Noordhuis

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks man! I knew a bunch of people were wondering this, so hopefully somebody finds it helpful lol.

I just listened to your songs, they're very well done, can't wait to hear more!
Thanks man! means so much to me. As I said on youtube I'm writing now, and I'm going to do some covers aswel!

Reactions: JTMulcahy