Can I use any music for my youtube videos?

jamsterkid

My name is James, and i am 50% of PopcornGamers
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just a quick note here, that just because something is licensed under Creative Commons, it doesn't necessarily give you the right to use it in a video. There are many different types of Creative Commons, each with different rights associated with it. For instance, many things under Creative Commons doesn't allow commercial use (meaning that you make money off of it), which would technically not allow use in any videos with AdSense on it (or with a sponsored product, etc).
actually thats why i said 3.0 that is the one that lets you use the music in a video game movie or anything else and make no money or monetize from it, as long as you give credit

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Just a quick note here, that just because something is licensed under Creative Commons, it doesn't necessarily give you the right to use it in a video. There are many different types of Creative Commons, each with different rights associated with it. For instance, many things under Creative Commons doesn't allow commercial use (meaning that you make money off of it), which would technically not allow use in any videos with AdSense on it (or with a sponsored product, etc).

What the heck are you smoking? :)
No matter what type of music it is, it's bound under copyright. In fact, in the majority of Europe, you don't even need to apply for copyright for any creation - copyright is automatically created and applied to ANY unique object (it's of course more complicated than this, but for a forum post, this will suffice) created by you. It doesn't matter if it's instrumental or not.

That's a bit of a misnomer. In the majority of first world countries, all music is automatically copyrighted. And even if something isn't bound under copyright, that still doesn't allow you to use the creation of someone else (so even if someone failed to get copyright in the US copyright court (sorry, I don't know the correct term for this in the US), that still wouldn't give YOU the right to use it).
You are only allowed to use music that you either purchase with a license to use it, have permission from the author, or has been published under another license that gives you that right.
there are uncopyrighted songs you can use without permission as long as you state who is wad by etc and give them credit for the song.

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
actually thats why i said 3.0 that is the one that lets you use the music in a video game movie or anything else and make no money or monetize from it, as long as you give credit

Not correct. There are several versions of Creative Commons 3.0
The 3.0 marker is there, because Creative Commons have gone through several revisions of the system. There are still several different versions of the 3.0 marker.

there are uncopyrighted songs you can use without permission as long as you state who is wad by etc and give them credit for the song.
Not correct. If by "without permission", you mean "without having the contact the copyright holder personally", then yes. But you still need permission in some other form. This can be in the form of a Creative Commons license on the page, the author writing that anyone is free to use it, uploaded (by the copyright holder!!!) to a site that is specifically for free-to-use music, and so forth. But you ALWAYS need SOME FORM of permission to use it.