Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

can I use a song for an intro 12 seconds long?

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Ian Katz, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Ian Katz
    Cash:
    $8
    I wanted to use lil johns turn down for what bass line. Can I get a copyright strike for sampling 12 seconds of his song?

2. Shakycow
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $481
    Yes, you can receive a strike for using 12 seconds of a song.

Granted, you’re more likely to receive a notice and have your video monetized in their behalf (where they collect any and all earnings from ads), but they can still have the right to issue a strike at any time.

There is no safe amount you can use legally. Either you have the rights to use something or you don’t.

3. Ian Katz
    Cash:
    $8
    I have 50 subs and only 1800 combined views over 31 vids, so im not getting monitized anytime soon. So I guess I shouldnt use it then. I thought there was a time limit you can use for sampling but I dont know, I know nothing about this.

4. kevindong
    Cash:
    $0
    Search for some uncopyrighted music. This includes NoCopyrightMusic and TheFatRat.